Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What words do you find hard to say or pronounce? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Blood clot

I always end up saying "blod clut". It feels like I'm saying something really dirty and I don't know why XD
    They amount of times I've had to say these out loud in A Level biology is unreal, like the universe is out to get me :lol:

'Decision'. I stumble every single time!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I couldn't pronounce enemy when I was a kid. It was always came out as 'emy-may'. I couldn't say it properly until I was about 12

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elnino1.0)
    Lol same I always end up pronouncing the r like a w :/

and squirrel! 😂🙈 being German doesn't excuse how badly I **** up whenever I try to say it so I just avoid the topic completely 😂
    Hahaha I can just about pronounce squirrel but I just remembered that I can't say 'brain' either 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elnino1.0)
    Lol same I always end up pronouncing the r like a w :/

and squirrel! 😂🙈 being German doesn't excuse how badly I **** up whenever I try to say it so I just avoid the topic completely 😂
    I guess it works both ways cause I have to really think when saying "Eichhörnchen" :| I always think there's an n after the i, I don't wanna talk about squirrels when I do my research abroad in Germany :lol::lol:
    Well, I got time to practise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kamara7)
    I guess it works both ways cause I have to really think when saying "Eichhörnchen" :| I always think there's an n after the i, I don't wanna talk about squirrels when I do my research abroad in Germany :lol::lol:
    Well, I got time to practise
    Try rindfleischetikettierungsüberwa chungsaufgabenübertragungsgeset z (real word!) for size

ReputationRep:
    Prussia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadVisionary)
    Try rindfleischetikettierungsüberwa chungsaufgabenübertragungsgeset z (real word!) for size
    Not this word again :lol:
    I had to pause at first after Fleisch, but now I can say it fine Eichhörnchen on the other hand.... that first syllable trips me up all the time if I say it in a sentence :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Not this word again :lol:
    I had to pause at first after Fleisch, but now I can say it fine Eichhörnchen on the other hand.... that first syllable trips me up all the time if I say it in a sentence :lol:
    Alright alright how about Donaudampfschifffahrtselektrizit ätenhauptbetriebswerkbauunterbe amtengesellschaft
    Haha yeah it feels natural to put an n after the i :laugh: practice. Repeat it. Over and over. For ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadVisionary)
    Alright alright how about Donaudampfschifffahrtselektrizit ätenhauptbetriebswerkbauunterbe amtengesellschaft
    Haha yeah it feels natural to put an n after the i :laugh: practice. Repeat it. Over and over. For ever.
    Oh god, who would make such a word? :lol: This is what I plan to do, saying Eichhörnchen will probably end up being a life-or-death situation knowing the laws of the universe

ReputationRep:
    Oh god, who would make such a word? :lol: This is what I plan to do, saying Eichhörnchen will probably end up being a life-or-death situation knowing the laws of the universe
    Yep. Like you'll be trapped in a room full of terrorists and they're like 'PRONOUNCE EICHHÖRNCHEN OR EVERYBODY IN THIS BUILDING DIES'. It could happen! Don't get killed that way. That would be a stupid way to die. :lol:

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovo lcanoconiosis is supposed to be a really difficult word to say but I have never heard of it. Quaoar technically isnt a word but a species of algae. Have absolutely no idea how you would pronounce it.

ReputationRep:
    Free/three. Just because of the area I live in and everyone says free instead of three, though sometimes when I'm on the phone for example I have no problem saying three properly, but then I might want to say free but end up pronouncing it like I'm saying three like "Is that buy one, get one three?" :rofl:

Sorry if that made f***ing 0 sense.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.