Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My form tutor is a head of the college and he seems to be pushing the subject of my attendance, I have spoken to multiple other students with worse attendance levels than me and they have not been pushed as much as me.... Can I some how ask to be transfered forms... He wants to involve my mom but she's not dealing with personal things too well and I don't want her involved so does anyone have advice as to how I could not get my mom involved and more forms with out my form tutor who is head of college stopping it

ReputationRep:
    Oh no, the teacher is concerned about you education, report it immediately. Grow up; you either want to be in education or you don't; why don't you just turn up to class?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by summers1999)
    My form tutor is a head of the college and he seems to be pushing the subject of my attendance, I have spoken to multiple other students with worse attendance levels than me and they have not been pushed as much as me.... Can I some how ask to be transfered forms... He wants to involve my mom but she's not dealing with personal things too well and I don't want her involved so does anyone have advice as to how I could not get my mom involved and more forms with out my form tutor who is head of college stopping it
    I understand, form is a total waste of time and I have no idea why they do it. If they wanna tell you certain stuff just email us don't make us waste like 30mins beforehand saying that crap. I missed practically all my forms and thankfully not much came of it. Are you still getting good grades? You can maybe somehow influence them if you are.

(Original post by Glassapple)
    Oh no, the teacher is concerned about you education, report it immediately. Grow up; you either want to be in education or you don't; why don't you just turn up to class?
    Form and an actual lesson are 2 different things. Form is just a waste of time really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nulliverse)
    I understand, form is a total waste of time and I have no idea why they do it. If they wanna tell you certain stuff just email us don't make us waste like 30mins beforehand saying that crap. I missed practically all my forms and thankfully not much came of it. Are you still getting good grades? You can maybe somehow influence them if you are.

Form and an actual lesson are 2 different things. Form is just a waste of time really.
    I know what form is, it's not a waste of time. Your form tutor writes your reference for university; it's not a good idea to annoy them. Attendance forms a part of your university reference; maybe they're being harder on you because they might see you have potential, and don't want to be forced to write a bad reference, including bad attitude and bad attendance?

ReputationRep:
    First of all who the hell do you think you are ...... Second I'm not in college due to severe anxiety and a range of medical issues so that's why I as you put it don't turn up to class.... And third the teacher isn't corncered he's known for being pushy and due to being newly appointed he is making a point of me.... He's actually told me this... So next time you try to treat someone like crap just for asking for some advice you grow up and do something worth while with your life rather then spending your free time being an absolute ******** to people for no reason

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by summers1999)
    First of all who the hell do you think you are ...... Second I'm not in college due to severe anxiety and a range of medical issues so that's why I as you put it don't turn up to class.... And third the teacher isn't corncered he's known for being pushy and due to being newly appointed he is making a point of me.... He's actually told me this... So next time you try to treat someone like crap just for asking for some advice you grow up and do something worth while with your life rather then spending your free time being an absolute ******** to people for no reason
    Bottom line is you either turn up or you don't. You can't just not turn up to work in the future and blame your boss for being 'pushy'. It's your form tutor's job to be concerned about your attendance and your general welfare. Maybe he's being hard on you because he sees you have some sort of potential?

Your form tutor will write your reference for anything you want to do in the future. How can you be so 'anxious' you don't turn up to whatever you feel like, then moan things aren't going your way? If you want something, change your attitude and get it. If he really is horrible, so what? Real life is full of people you won't like, who you have to work with. You can't just not work with people because you don't like how they are with you; you'll get fired in the future if you try that. School/college prepares you for the adult world; your form tutor seems to be doing well with that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nulliverse)
    I understand, form is a total waste of time and I have no I idea why they do it. If they wanna tell you certain stuff just email us don't make us waste like 30mins beforehand saying that crap. I missed practically all my forms and thankfully not much came of it. Are you still getting good grades? You can maybe somehow influence them if you are.

. My grades are actually great so I'm not sure why he's so "concerned" about me I guess that's why I'm so confused I also send in doctors notes and appointment slips but he doesn't seem to care that I'm trying and is just more concerned about his record he even said to me that it makes him look bad so we need to sort it out so he clearly doesn't care as much as it seems to others

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.