Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are you currently in an awkward situation ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    ok so I'm currently in an awkward situation as I just messaged the people I'm meant to be living with next year saying how I don't want to live with them... currently waiting for a reply...

anyone else in an awkward situation atm
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Not now but I can mention one not too long ago. Last year when I went to Malaysia, I met with my auntie and uncle for a meal. So she invited my cousin and she brought her boyfriend. But then she brought two more couples with them so there's just me being single AF and just incredibly awkward as I reflected on my singleness and being a third wheel for everyone. What's worse is that I couldn't even create a thread on TSR about it.

ReputationRep:
    My boss's boss's wife is an artist, doubtless terrible, and I had somewhere gotten hold of the notion that she paints vaginas. That in the sense of making representations rather than giving two coats of emulsion. Anyway, I found myself in his company and he was mentioning that his wife had painted some or other woman I didn't know. I said "painted her vagina?", the whole table looked at me and he said "I'm sorry?" I said "I understand your wife paints vaginas", like some elaborate Victorian insult. "You must have her confused with someone else". The temperature perhaps dropped but I was quite drunk and later enjoyed a fit of giggles in the loo.

I was messaged by a colleage the next day who confirmed that his wife does indeed paint vaginas but that this is never talked about. Oh dear.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    moved to chat

ReputationRep:
    No because I don't overthink

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.