Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Everyday I live as someone else, sounds more dramatic then it is. I put on an act every day depending on who I am with, and I am not my true self with any one its getting so exhausting. With my parents I act like an angel, talk only about nice and happy things, don't swear, helpful, etc. With my friends I act like them, just having a laugh I guess but they are really *****y so I act *****y around them. At school I act quiet and reserved. I just act how people expect me to act and when I try to act like myself and be different everyones like "Why are you acting so different" and get all weird with me! Is anyone else like this or been like this, I just want to move far away and start again

ReputationRep:
    different people expect different things from you. "deal with it" is all I can say.
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babylily)
    Everyday I live as someone else, sounds more dramatic then it is. I put on an act every day depending on who I am with, and I am not my true self with any one its getting so exhausting. With my parents I act like an angel, talk only about nice and happy things, don't swear, helpful, etc. With my friends I act like them, just having a laugh I guess but they are really *****y so I act *****y around them. At school I act quiet and reserved. I just act how people expect me to act and when I try to act like myself and be different everyones like "Why are you acting so different" and get all weird with me! Is anyone else like this or been like this, I just want to move far away and start again
    By not being able to be yourself you are being yourself.

All I can say is, care less about what other people think about you. Follow your heart, not your head.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    different people expect different things from you. "deal with it" is all I can say.
    truly insightful statement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babylily)
    no one is rly themselve anyways, so no problem!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CraigBackner)
    no one is rly themselve anyways, so no problem!
    thats sad tbh. :/

That's sucks but honestly, just start to live your life as you: I mean like with your parents it's just best to be nice and whatever but act how you want to act with your friends. School goes by so fast so who cares what others think, in 10 years you wont be able to remember their name.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.