Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

mu doctor didn't give me crutches or a knee brace for a sprain Watch

• TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randomgirl995)
    well I can walk but with pain so is it bad or.... And also wh are people saying that then they say I don't have crutches and I CAN walk up and down the stairs but I shouldn't be able to but because I can walk up and down the stairs not normally but with a bit of difficulty does that mean its not even a bit bad so ita only a teeny weeny sprain or is it bad but not too bad because I can walk but with some difficulty
    Just listen to what people are telling you, rest over the weekend and see how you are on Monday. If the doctors say you don't need crutches or a brace, you don't need crutches or a brace. It could even mean they delay your recovery, which you definitely don't want. There's nothing else people here can say really especially not without looking at it.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    well I can walk but with pain so is it bad or.... And also wh are people saying that then they say I don't have crutches and I CAN walk up and down the stairs but I shouldn't be able to but because I can walk up and down the stairs not normally but with a bit of difficulty does that mean its not even a bit bad so ita only a teeny weeny sprain or is it bad but not too bad because I can walk but with some difficulty
    I am struggling to understand the problem. Yes it is a bit sore, but being able to walk on it is a good sign. You have been told to expect it to hurt for a little while and have been give advice on rest and analgesia.

It sounds as if you are more concerned with what other people think and as if you should be treated as if this is a big injury. Medical profressionals have told you that it isn't. This is a good thing, you don't want it to be a serious injury. Knees are important and significant injuries can have long lasting impacts, certainly not something you want when you are young.

However, if you are really so concerned that it needs splinting, your local chemist will sell you knee supports, although it is unlikely they will offer any benefit except reassurance for yourself.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    the problem is lots of ppl in school have been saying that i don't really have a sprain because I can walk up and down the stairs and around school so I was wondering if you d have a sprain should u be able t walk up and down stairs
    Depends how bad it is, and what your pain threshold is - I was running around for 8 hours before I realised I had one once.

ReputationRep:
    the problem is lots of ppl in school have been saying that i don't really have a sprain because I can walk up and down the stairs and around school so I was wondering if you d have a sprain should u be able t walk up and down stairs
    Next time you're ill or injured don't bother with a GP or A&E then, just ask people as school. :rolleyes:

Its already been two days it happened yesterday and I went yesterday to the a and e and they said that it will get better in 3-4 days is that even possible and another thing s that I walked up and down the stairs in school so will that affect anything and when I did walk up and down the stairs IT HURT LIKE HELL
      A knee brace will only work for certain sorts of knee problems and if you are walking up and down the stairs with this injures knee then it is likely having crutches won't help that much either.

Decent painkillers, taken regular.

Hi there! I sprained my ankle last year and the doctors provided me with crutches and a tube-like bandage but I'm presuming the doctors thought your sprain wasn't bad enough for the equipment and could heal on its own, which is good news! trust me, crutches aren't fun.

It's probably an extremely mild sprain and will recover without any assistance.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.