I was just wondering if PPE was the right course for me to pursue an undergrad degree in. This isn’t from a view of interest- I’m definitely interested in the course, however if my grades and subjects that I’m currently doing don’t match up with the typical PPE student, I would rather be aware of that now and either try doing something to improve my chances or find a similar degree, more suited to me.
English Lit: A*
English Lang: A*
Core Science: A
Additional Science: A
Religious Studies: A*
Welsh as a Second Language: A*
BTEC- Business Studies Level 2, Extended Diploma- D*D*
LEVEL 2 EQUIV- Additional Mathematics- Merit
Current A Levels/Predicted Grades
French: A (can achieve an A* in this)
Government & Politics: A (can achieve an A* in this)
German: A (can achieve an A* in this)
Modern World History: A
- Model United Nations
- Student Representative Council
- Bronze/Silver DofE Completed and Gold award currently being completed
- Member/Speaker in the Debate Society
- Member of the local Youth Council
- Standing for Member of UK Youth Parliament
- Will be completing an EPQ, possibly in economics, provided that would help me stand out as a candidate, especially as I don’t do any mathematics currently
- Taking part in my college’s Mock General Election
- Completing HE+ (the Cambridge scheme) in Economics, Politics and International Relations
PPE looks like such an amazing degree and I’ve had my eyes on it for quite a long time, however, if it were unlikely that I would receive a place to study it, I’d rather find a degree that I would be able to complete, which is very similar to PPE.
Thank you in advance for any advice!
PS. I’ll be applying this October, I’m currently in Lower Sixth
Has yours come through yet?