Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am studying Graphic Design in Wales, second year.

Currently I'm living in a house with 4 other people but 2 of them are going home next year. I could live with the remaining 2 (a guy and a girl) but I'm not that close to the girl (we are very different).

I was rather hoping on living with just girls next year as I have always lived with a mixture and think having a girly household would be very different and a bit refreshing. My friend was going to come up to do a masters but now she can't so I'm having to rethink.

I'd love to get to know some more people, especially girls, but the societies at my uni are very limited and a lot of the girls I have met here so far are really shy, and I'm not.

I could try and find a place to live by myself next year but I think it would be too lonely for me.

Any ideas or help would be awesome.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly I think it's unlikely that you would be build up enough of a relationship with enough girls for this. With you being in the second year most friendship groups will have been formed and also a lot of girls will also like the idea of having just the girls sharing the accomadation. Of course it's not impossible but it's probably Expect that you may have to stick with your current situation. Is there any other girls you've made friends with throughout your first year?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atenaz)
    I am studying Graphic Design in Wales, second year.

Currently I'm living in a house with 4 other people but 2 of them are going home next year. I could live with the remaining 2 (a guy and a girl) but I'm not that close to the girl (we are very different).

I was rather hoping on living with just girls next year as I have always lived with a mixture and think having a girly household would be very different and a bit refreshing. My friend was going to come up to do a masters but now she can't so I'm having to rethink.

I'd love to get to know some more people, especially girls, but the societies at my uni are very limited and a lot of the girls I have met here so far are really shy, and I'm not.

I could try and find a place to live by myself next year but I think it would be too lonely for me.

Any ideas or help would be awesome.
    Hello,

You say your societies are university are limited, have you thought about setting up your own society and inviting people to that and making friends through that?
    How about friends of friends and what not? You've said the girls you've already met are fairly shy and you aren't - why not try to bring them out of their shell? Invite them for drinks or to study and what not and see where that goes?

If not, look around for people advertising for housemates for another year and see if there is a house of girls you could join - chuck yourself in at the deep end and live with people you don't know and build up a relationship from there?

At the same time, you're about to go into your third year so it can be a lot of added stress and even though you aren't really close with the girl you're already living with. At least you're comfortable where you are - so maybe it's worth just pushing through and doing it for another year?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.