Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Was feminism made for the benefit of white women Watch

ReputationRep:
    No one's physically stopping girls from going into STEM per se... but they are discouraged, even if unintentionally, from a very young age. Gender bias isn't demonstrated just by men - but by other women too, even parents and teachers.

For example, if a girl is told that boys are generally better at this/that then they will believe it. In the study, teachers graded the math tests of 11-year-olds and, on average, the scores were lower for girls. But, when different teachers graded the same tests anonymously, the girls performed far better.

And there's the parents too, who arguably have the most influence in our lives. The Institution of Engineering and Technology found that only 7 percent of mothers and fathers said they would encourage their daughters to pursue engineering careers. I couldn't insert it, but here's a nice graph (x)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arima)
    No one's physically stopping girls from going into STEM per se... but they are discouraged, even if unintentionally, from a very young age. Gender bias isn't demonstrated just by men - but by other women too, even parents and teachers.

For example, if a girl is told that boys are generally better at this/that then they will believe it. In the study, teachers graded the math tests of 11-year-olds and, on average, the scores were lower for girls. But, when different teachers graded the same tests anonymously, the girls performed far better.

And there's the parents too, who arguably have the most influence in our lives. The Institution of Engineering and Technology found that only 7 percent of mothers and fathers said they would encourage their daughters to pursue engineering careers. I couldn't insert it, but here's a nice graph (x)
    If only they would man up and not be influenced...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieButter)
    Attachment 613130
    Was gonna tag you, then I saw this was already your post. Classic as always.

(Original post by LisaNikita)
    I'd rather my child had cancer
    Not cool.

ReputationRep:
    Its basically a legacy of a meeting of zionist marxists who met in Frankfurt to discuss how they would dismantle western civilisation. The best way of doing so, it was concluded was by dismantling the foundations of the nuclear family and the extended national family. The result is the feminist/immigrant/welfare free for all we have today.

ReputationRep:
    I do not agree that feminist should go help people in Africa, Middle East and Asia where women are treated badly and should be complaining that we here in the west have nothing to complain about and we should keep quiet and get on with our lives like we had before this last week.

My understanding of feminism maybe wrong as I haven't really studied it, but have enjoyed the privileges that feminist fought for me, they fought for my right to vote, to own land outright and also to inherit property although we still need to change how the monarchy decides on an heir, its skewed in favour of males they come first in line to the thrown even if the female is older. Trade unions exist and they fight for both my rights and my male counterparts why do the trade unions do that because feminists started protesting, died and made a lot of noise to make it so, they thwarted all those that didn't want these changes to happen for us females.

But still more work has to be done in terms of the monarchy as I said above, but also to deal with sexism in the workplace, we need to change the males minds. This society pressure to dress in high heels, discrimination if we are fat we are lazy but a man its okay women no, have our hair not straight, we must be to be as pretty as possible in the office why? If we have unrelaxed or un-straightened hair does that mean we cannot be qualified in a field and work capably?

With regards to the protests on abortion I feel women are losing hope in society, they know things are the way they are and can never be changed and do not want to give birth and bring children into this world for them to struggle, become disillusioned with humanity.

With regards to Africa, Middle East, Asia, they didn't have to form feminist groups to get the vote, it was handed to them, the men played the game and adopted the laws early before the women galvanised themselves.

However, these women there face male egos, machoism etc, they don't think to galvanise themselves to act and change things perhaps they are strong to keep tolerating infantile behaviour from men, because they know if that man goes and works and earns I can stay a pampered lifestyle at home.

That's for the middle class, the lower classes stay as they are because they know the status quo also, if they fight up form unions ask for more money from the middle and upper class, they will be out of work as these places Africa and they like will adopt machines to do they work faster and save them time and money in the long run so they don't need the lower class, so who will lose in the end they will, so they just keep quiet for that reason. Sure they have a meagre existence but they challenge the system if the machines come and do they work they can riot and sure many will die initially but eventually due to their number they could get the middle class and upper classes to pay them benefits (free money dole) but again is living on dole money really that great you will still be living on a pittance like you are doing now before you decided to change how things are.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much. March over being paid less for less work, and don't give a **** when women are beheaded, whipped, raped in Muslim countries. Privileged movement for people comically unaware how easily they have it in life.

ReputationRep:
    White farmer women or white accountant women are the most privileged people in the World. They are ****ing weirdos who have no concept of seeing the woods through the trees. It's a big bad world out there and the clock is ticking I hear so much complaints that they ****ing do my head in I could never have a relationship with a farmer or an accountant or police officer (which associate with rugby) they are so weird. This is a small group of people who must feel very isolated and threatened.

ReputationRep:
    Of course it was which is why western feminists moan about the most trivial things yet ignore actual sexism in non-white countries

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I totally agree. Feminism defends women by using words like misogyny and sexism when someone disagrees with it on principle but doesn't encourage women to
    become bin men/women or doesn't complain when women control subjects like
    nursing.

ReputationRep:
    Don't you think bringing up these kind of misogynistic stereotypes is just simply
    drilling them into the heads into the next generation (your the one keeping the
    sexist stereotypes circling in society).

ReputationRep:
    Yes everyone who has looked up the history of feminism knows this they also used to hand out feathers to underage boys so they would die in wars while they had fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neal95)
    I'm not sure about that but I think the concept of marriage was created for the benefit of the woman. If you look at it from a purely evolutionary point of view, what does the man have to gain from the marriage? He can happily go about his business with other women, transferring his genes. The woman gains through financial stability and a place for her to live, feel safe and raise kids. I know I will get feminists chastising me for making this post but I think they should agree with me, being the free independent women that they are, and say that the institution of marriage is not as necessary like I say. I am not sure people will see it this way although I don't mean to offend anyone In anyway, it's just a curious observation is all.
    I completely agree with thith. That ith why I married. hehe xx.
    P.STH. I have a bad lithp
    -Tharah Meeham

ReputationRep:
    I think feminism is actually completely misunderstood. Feminism is meant for equal rights between men and women but women agree with feminism because they want to be more powerful than men. They can't take a joke e.g. "Hugh Mungus." A woman reported someone calling themselves Hugh Mungus as sexual assault. But if you think about it, gender equality, A woman can hit you, but you would never hit a dishwasher as it would hurt your hand.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.