Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ideas for suspenseful short horror/thriller film? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I need to make a short film for my Media Studies coursework and I've planned to make a horror film as my essay is based on the horror genre. I'm making a horror film that relies more on the buildup of suspense and tension as opposed to violence, blood and gore. I'm completely blank on ideas though so any ideas of would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grade)
    I need to make a short film for my Media Studies coursework and I've planned to make a horror film as my essay is based on the horror genre. I'm making a horror film that relies more on the buildup of suspense and tension as opposed to violence, blood and gore. I'm completely blank on ideas though so any ideas of would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
    you can use a grave yard they can be very creepy at night, the way the shadows are cast can give you an eerie effect
    other then that use friends for cast

ReputationRep:
    Setting: a peaceful prosperous country somewhere on the edge of Europe

an evil mastermind re-programs the viewers of ITV via subliminal messages on adverts. the victims are turned into zombie-voters.

soon after there is a referendum and the zombie-voters all sign the wrong box and bring calamity and woe upon their country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    Setting: a peaceful prosperous country somewhere on the edge of Europe

an evil mastermind re-programs the viewers of ITV via subliminal messages on adverts. the victims are turned into zombie-voters.

soon after there is a referendum and the zombie-voters all sign the wrong box and bring calamity and woe upon their country.
    OP isn't making a documentary hun wkwkwk

ReputationRep:
    Sexy Female clown with big boobs. You'll be pooing your pants but also have a boner

ReputationRep:
    There are some cool Youtube channels that might be inspiring? BlackBoxTV is one I can name off the top of my head.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so I call this 'Parasite' the basic plot is:
    Act 1 a huge house party with lots of people partying at the protagonists house,
    Act 2 in the following days after the party the protagonist begins to get the feeling their being watched or somethings not right in the house, this is a combination of phantom noises, things going missing and general things to make you uneasy. Act 2 ends with the protagonist viewing security camera footage to see which one of his/hers friends/flatmates has been stealing, only to discover a disheveled homeless guy creeping around the house.
    Act 3 basically the protagonist and a group their group of flatmates/friends trying to hunt down the 'parasite' only to find out the homeless guy is hunting them...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 12, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.