Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Polish . Eastern Europeans are generally racist towards people of colour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ILoveVoe)
    Then how is it changed?

Lmao. Please nominate
    Norwich is a very pretty city. highest density of churches in the whole of England.

Now that May is banning the immigration the true meaning of BREXIT is revealed.

(1) Racism against the Muslim refugees and Syrians fleeing the war (BREXIT will not stop this? but the LEAVE voters think it will happen)

(2) Racisms against the Eastern Europeans etc. like people like me from Poland who benefit your economy. A Brit will not do a job as good as a Pole such as cleaning toilets, but apparently we takes the jobs.

LONDON is the best city in UK and most Londoners voted IN. They have had most immigrants in UK, Muslim, Poles, Russian. So what does that tell u about immigration?

(2) Racisms against the Eastern Europeans etc. like people like me from Poland who benefit your economy. A Brit will not do a job as good as a Pole such as cleaning toilets, but apparently we takes the jobs.

A Brit will not likely do such jobs because they are crap. The pay is always low and the employment conditions poor. However employers will not raise their standards because they got monkeys like you (British or otherwise) willing to work for peanuts. How does that benefit you or this country?

I would be willing to do less than favorable tasks but I would require adequate compensation. Paying me the absolute minimum you can get away with is not adequate.

ReputationRep:
      You say about Poles cleaning toilets, which the Brits will not do. Which is fine. But think about the pittance in National Insurance and Income Tax someone cleaning toilets has to pay,compared to the amount that person costs the economy in educating their children, housing the family and their free NHS treatment. Does their job of cleaning toilets cover all of that? They are getting far, far more than they are giving.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by markova21)
      You say about Poles cleaning toilets, which the Brits will not do. Which is fine. But think about the pittance in National Insurance and Income Tax someone cleaning toilets has to pay,compared to the amount that person costs the economy in educating their children, housing the family and their free NHS treatment. Does their job of cleaning toilets cover all of that? They are getting far, far more than they are giving.
      I accidentally liked this comment and don't know how to unlike it😂😂

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Tols)
      I accidentally liked this comment and don't know how to unlike it😂😂
      I'm not sure. Maybe try clicking on it again.

ReputationRep:
      It's not racism so much as xenophobia. And no the whole thing wasn't based on this, there were a whole range of issues as to why people voted out. I hate to say it since I am very much a remainer (and this is by no means me saying that the leave camp didn't use dirty tactics too) but painting the leave side as xenophobic was one of the 'fearmongering' tacits perhaps which the remain side used. Putting it as plainly as "If you want to leave the EU, you are racist"

ReputationRep:
      If you go to a bar or a restaurant and the person at the door won't allow you in because the venue is full, do you call him/her a racist too?

No. You either wait until some people leave, the venue increases capacity by creating extra seats or you go somewhere else.

Then why the hell do you say it is racist to control entry into a country that is not just full but over capacity?

ReputationRep:
      17 million people voted for brexit. I can guarantee that the vast majority did not understand the complex economic and political nature of the EU. This is further reflected by the fact that it was obviously less educated older people who voted for brexit.

This vote was based on immigration, particularly from Easter Europe. Miserable people believed less people mean it will solve all of their problems. That and the "freedom" rhetoric both drove brexit.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Willy Pete)
      Edinburgh is much nicer.
      Lol. London is the best city, without London the UK would be not have such a high GDP.

ReputationRep:
      Why are these arguments still going? This has been done to the death ever since ukip started getting popular years ago. The referendum has now been decided. If people voted for brexit because they hate poles, that is their democratic right. Let's move on now.

It is clear voters want immigration controls. It is up to the government to deliver that.

ReputationRep:

(1) Racism against the Muslim refugees and Syrians fleeing the war (BREXIT will not stop this? but the LEAVE voters think it will happen)

LONDON is the best city in UK and most Londoners voted IN. They have had most immigrants in UK, Muslim, Poles, Russian. So what does that tell u about immigration?
      London is a shithole. Leaving it was the best thing I ever did.

ReputationRep:

It's our country and we can decide who does and doesn't come in. End of discussion. If that's 'racist' then so be it. But fear not, I'm sure there are plenty of toilets for you to clean back in Poland.

And I must say I find it a tad rich that you as Polish person, are complaining about our immigration policies, when your own country has an increasingly nationalistic view towards immigration from outside the EU and has taken in far less refugees than most Western European nations, including the UK.

Your Prime Minister, Beata Szydło has even said - “I say very clearly that I see no possibility at this time of immigrants coming to Poland,”

ReputationRep:
      Brexit is not fuelled by racism, that is a small percentage of white van folk, it is based on the middle to working classes tired of its resources ( that themselves and generations have financially contributed to) being consumed by immigration.
      London is far wealthier than the rest of the country and many of its residents are not affected by this due its access to private healthcare and better lifestyle. IMO London is a **** hole and does not represent the UK as the divide between the south and Midlands to North is so vast, they are completely different worlds.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by knightchildish)
      Lol. London is the best city, without London the UK would be not have such a high GDP.
      It would also have a much lower crime rate.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ThePeoplesРath)
      There is nothing wrong with racism. Certain people are objectively superior to others. Would you rather that the latter groups lived peacefully in their own ethnocentric collective or for them to be unable to compete in a superior society?
      What a load of nonsense. And listen to you pussy-footing your way around your own prejudices - "certain people" ffs.

ReputationRep:

The single biggest reason people voted was democracy, independence and self-government. You can whine about that (although six months on, you could probably find another hobby) but it doesn't change the reality.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Willy Pete)
      Wrong.
      No chance. London is brilliant.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by jape)
      No chance. London is brilliant.
      About as brilliant as a venereal disease.

ReputationRep:
      Now that May is banning the immigration
      Only seven words in and your post is starting with a lie. That doesn't bode well for the substance of OP.

May is not "banning the [sic] immigration". She is proposing that, in leaving the EU, acquire the same control over EU immigration that we have over non-EU immigration. The same level of control that all countries in the world, excepting the EU nations, exercise over their borders. There is nothing inherently racist about desiring control over one's borders; if anything, it could be argued that possessing control over one's borders is a sine qua non of being a sovereign nation-state.

(1) Racism against the Muslim refugees and Syrians fleeing the war (BREXIT will not stop this?)
      That makes no sense at all. You're admitting that Brexit has nothing to do with Muslim refugees. In fact, leaving the EU simply means that white Europeans will not have automatic rights over for example black Africans, Indians and the Chinese.

(2) Racisms against the Eastern Europeans etc. like people like me from Poland who benefit your economy.
      You are confused, and somewhat malicious. It is not inherently racist to point out that opening the floodgates to Eastern European workers places downward pressure on the wages, terms and conditions of the lowest paid. Your assertion appears to be that a native Briton is completely racist if he objects to being displaced in the labour market and rendered unemployed by a tsunami of cheap foreign labour. Translation, "If you don't bow down and abjectly accept being forced onto the dole queue by foreign workers, you're a racist".

A Brit will not do a job as good as a Pole such as cleaning toilets
      That is utter nonsense. How do you think cleaning got done before we entered the EU? What native Britons don't want to do is clean toilets or work at an abbattoir for pathetically low wages. If decent wages and conditions were offered, they would have no problem finding native workers. It's because native workers reject, by and large, these exploitative conditions that the business community is so keen to bring in people from foreign countries, people who are much less likely to complain about exploitation.

LONDON is the best city in UK
      Best city in the world, actually.

and most Londoners voted IN. They have had most immigrants in UK, Muslim, Poles, Russian. So what does that tell u about immigration?
      Nothing. The fact that London has many immigrants and that it voted to remain has no actual bearing, logically-speaking, on the substance of the proposition.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.