Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    my boyfriend doesn't text me unless I text him, doesn't cooperate in bed, doesn't tell me nice things. I love him but I feel deprived from love. I can't get it from him and it'll be cheating if I get it from someone else. I don't want to discuss this with him in case he feel intimidated and become even more distant with me. I've been seeing him for 5 months, I'm making so much effort but what I'm getting back is so little. Any help?

ReputationRep:
    Why exactly are you with him..?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does he not sweep you off your feet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flexchm)
    my boyfriend doesn't text me unless I text him, doesn't cooperate in bed, doesn't tell me nice things. I love him but I feel deprived from love. I can't get it from him and it'll be cheating if I get it from someone else. I don't want to discuss this with him in case he feel intimidated and become even more distant with me. I've been seeing him for 5 months, I'm making so much effort but what I'm getting back is so little. Any help?
    Stop being silly and talk to him ffs, not come on TSR to complain about it.

If he doesn't change after a week or so after you've had this chat with him then you know what to do.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Communication is key, you should speak to him about it.

ReputationRep:
    Talk to him about it! the worst that will happen is he becomes distant, which you've said he already is anyway. He probably has no idea you feel this way but you're not doing yourself any favours by just expecting him to guess how you feel. Also you say 'boyfriend' then 'seeing him' so are you actually a couple or more casual? 5 months isn't a very long time either way so if you speak to him about it and he doesn't make more effort you've just got to move on as he's obviously not for you
    • Political Ambassador

Doesn't sound like a beneficial relationship for you or for him since he doesn't seem interested in making an effort.

ReputationRep:
    Has it always been like this or is it a change in behaviour
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Flexchm)
    The only person who can make the changes you want is him, but you have already backed yourself into a corner by guving reasons you wont talk to him. Relationships should work both ways. His behaviour (as described) indicates you arent high on his priorities, so you are going to have to settle for that or find someone else who si prepared to make more of an effort with you. I doubt he ever will. Find someone else.

ReputationRep:
    If it's like this already after 5 months, unless you do anythinh by or say anything why do you think it will change in the future? He's your boyfriend and your suppose to be able to talk and tell him when things worry you. If you don't say anything he may think his behaviour is acceptable and is it? Speak to him and if nothing changes you know what to do!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you everyone actually he just broke up with me with me there - he invited me for a drink and told me he want to break up and telling me silly reasons like his friend skyped him on christmas day and I looked unhappy that moment etc.... I think I've tried my best with this guy and going to save my energy for someone else who deserve it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 21, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.