Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

As a kid you loved father christmas, now you are melting his home (north pole ) Watch

ReputationRep:
    I drive and burn a lot of diesel so I am guilty of melting the north pole ice caps too ! as a kid though I loved the idea of father christmas, now i am helping in melting his environment !

ReputationRep:
    But Santa don't exist

ReputationRep:
    Diesels are now worse than pétrole or soon will be! So feel even worse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hachik0)
    But Santa don't exist
    (Original post by Anfanny)
    Santa might not exist but the north pole certainly does and it's ice caps are melting and dripping excessively into the ocean. Scientists said there is nothing mroe we can do to stop global warming , we have releaesed to many toxic gaes already now and the polar bears have us to thank in a few years time when all of their ice caps have melted and people move into the north pole which will mean burning more toxic gases cos when people move their they will be burning a lot of coal to keep warm althoguh there will be no ice any more it will still be rather cold.

anfanny- I know, London were proposing to ban diesel cars from the city but not sure whats happening over that at the minute, I id feel bad about burning toxic fumes into the atmosphere but as the years have gone by (been driving almost 5 years and burned more than £10,000 combined of diesel and petrol) but now I don't feel so bad any more, polar bears have been bowhunted and shot for sport by poachers over recent years increasinlgy more so lately and the ice caps are melting so so fast, we cannot prevent it now, we have caused this but we have caused the damaged which is now irreversable so may as well just keep doing what we are doing, the planet is ****ed nayway now thanks to the carbon footprint

ReputationRep:
    What is the point of this thread?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Mrs Claus definitely melts his north pole

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Mrs Claus definitely melts his north pole
    This thread was intended to be serious, but you comment did make me laugh, good 4 u

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coldplasma)
    What is the point of this thread?
    no point to it really, just think it is sad that our carbon footprint has gotten out of control and our planet is ****ed as a result of it to the point of no return

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cleverboy1991)
    no point to it really, just think it is sad that our carbon footprint has gotten out of control and our planet is ****ed as a result of it to the point of no return
    Tumblr is a good place to start.

ReputationRep:
    yeah!! ... indeed what idiots are... worst kind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coldplasma)
    Tumblr is a good place to start.
    Huh ?
    (Original post by The Joker ~)
    yeah!! ... indeed what idiots are... worst kind.
    what ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anfanny)
    In most cases no they aren't worse, diesel engines produce a lot less CO2 emissions for the size of the engine, e.g. a petrol 1.6L engine would produce 140g/km but a 1.6L diesel can produce only 100g/km (idk its a rough estimate). The only petrol engines that are better are the 1.0T engines you get in the Fiesta and the Corsa (the ecoBoost and ecoFlex). These produce about the same emissions as current diesels and have significantly less power.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhilipG1)
    In most cases no they aren't worse, diesel engines produce a lot less CO2 emissions for the size of the engine, e.g. a petrol 1.6L engine would produce 140g/km but a 1.6L diesel can produce only 100g/km (idk its a rough estimate). The only petrol engines that are better are the 1.0T engines you get in the Fiesta and the Corsa (the ecoBoost and ecoFlex). These produce about the same emissions as current diesels and have significantly less power.
    Have a look at The weights And repair bills of The car. You haven't really listened to what my point was. Diesels are more heavy And this causes parts which are made from resource burning to be made. You can't really assume high pressure crude oil burning is a get out of j'ail free way to do less harm. Everything balances out most of The time In the real world.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.