Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

how fast can you type? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I got 97 words per minute. I stopped and paused a few times though.

ReputationRep:
    First time I did it and I got 572 CPM - 114 WPM. Kinda knew I was a fast typer in my school so yea xD
    http://image.prntscr.com/image/faf54...f06c5bbb1a.png

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s2m)
    wow, just stop. I can't even get 200.
    200 wpm?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    200 wpm?
    Yes. I type like a Grandma, even though they could probably type faster than me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S2M)
    Yes. I type like a Grandma, even though they could probably type faster than me.
    lol I assumed you meant characters per minute; 200 WPM is godly
    My grandma was a professional typist xD
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    lol I assumed you meant characters per minute; 200 WPM is godly
    My grandma was a professional typist xD
    Wow. Professional typist, yet I'm on my phone all the time and I still type so slow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S2M)
    Wow. Professional typist, yet I'm on my phone all the time and I still type so slow.
    Well phone typing is harder imo. And certainly doesn't translate all that well to real typing. I find I can type faster than average on a phone but it's a lot slower than on laptop. Oh yeah, and I'm not sure how fast I'd be relatively speaking on a PC keyboard tbh with the chunky keys.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Well phone typing is harder imo. And certainly doesn't translate all that well to real typing. I find I can type faster than average on a phone but it's a lot slower than on laptop. Oh yeah, and I'm not sure how fast I'd be relatively speaking on a PC keyboard tbh with the chunky keys.
    Yeah that's true. I'm so slow using a phone, I probably won't be able to use a keyboard that's how slow I would be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S2M)
    Yeah that's true. I'm so slow using a phone, I probably won't be able to use a keyboard that's how slow I would be.
    I've spent a lot of time using the computer keyboard as I've grown up...I used to write pages and pages of stupid stories as a kid and play a load of flash games and the like.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I've spent a lot of time using the computer keyboard as I've grown up...I used to write pages and pages of stupid stories as a kid and play a load of flash games and the like.
    I never really done that. I was always the lazy one who never done anything as a kid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S2M)
    I never really done that. I was always the lazy one who never done anything as a kid.
    It seems I did everything I was ever to do as a kid so now I do nothing.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    It seems I did everything I was ever to do as a kid so now I do nothing.
    It's because your more mature now. What do you do in your spare time? I do absolutely nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S2M)
    It's because your more mature now. What do you do in your spare time? I do absolutely nothing.
    Most of my time is spare because I view the amount of uni study you are meant to engage in as unnecessary or dull...lately I am just listening to music, playing a lot of online poker, watching the snooker, sometimes I play pool and snooker, I used to play loads of chess, cooled down on that a bit.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Most of my time is spare because I view the amount of uni study you are meant to engage in as unnecessary or dull...lately I am just listening to music, playing a lot of online poker, watching the snooker, sometimes I play pool and snooker, I used to play loads of chess, cooled down on that a bit.
    That's good that you have something to do in your spare time. Oh, what modules are you studying right now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S2M)
    That's good that you have something to do in your spare time. Oh, what modules are you studying right now?
    Many...they are in general mind-numbingly dull. All maths apart from one programming module
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Many...they are in general mind-numbingly dull. All maths apart from one programming module
    Ah. Is it only this year modules that you don't like? Or has it been the whole degree up to date that you don't like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S2M)
    Ah. Is it only this year modules that you don't like? Or has it been the whole degree up to date that you don't like?
    This term's
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I shall do this when I'm free, haven't done it in a long while though
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    This term's
    Oh. Just stick to it and try your best, hopefully you should do well. Try and find parts in the module that you do enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-01-21 at 12.37.41.png
Views: 14
Size:  120.8 KB

I prioritised accuracy over speed here, corrected mistakes several times.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.