The Student Room Group

Any scholarships for an MBA? I have a PhD in Mech Eng...

I have a PhD in mechanical engineering, 7 years postdoctoral experience, and want to do an MBA. Any Fellowships/scholarships available in a reputable university?
Reply 1
Original post by Indy2017
I have a PhD in mechanical engineering, 7 years postdoctoral experience, and want to do an MBA. Any Fellowships/scholarships available in a reputable university?

Not commonly. Usually the best source of financial support for an MBA is your current employer.

Are you in a managerial role at the moment?
Reply 2
I'm a researcher currently at Bristol university. There should be some incentives out there aimed at engineering researchers. I'm considering relocating both nationally and abroad.
Reply 3
I'm a researcher currently at Bristol university. There should be some incentives out there aimed at engineering researchers. I'm considering relocating both nationally and abroad.

Why do you want to do an MBA? A PhD would be more than sufficient if you are considering moving into, say, engineering management consultancy.

That said: http://www.smf.org.uk
Reply 4

Just to add, most MBAs require at least 3 years prior professional work experience. I don't know if research meets that requirement. It may do, but definitely check with the business schools first.
Reply 5
Thanks for that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending