Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody else had their offer yet for Bradford?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanmit)
    Has anybody else had their offer yet for Bradford?
    Hi, @Hanmit - You might be able to find some information and get responses from Bradford by searching for their university in the search box and see if anyone has applied or has some advice for you, better still if your worried, you can always call the admissions team to get an update. Hope that helped.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, Hanmit Any luck with Bradford? Have you applied to other universities any offers, interviews yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nelfran29)
    Hi, Hanmit Any luck with Bradford? Have you applied to other universities any offers, interviews yet?
    Hi yes have been offered Bradford and Huddersfield. Still waiting to hear from York. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Hi yes have been offered Bradford and Huddersfield. Still waiting to hear from York. What about you?
    Hi, Hanmit I received 3 rejections, I withdrew from one and also received an unconditional offer from London South Bank Uni, I have accepted as Firm and will be going there Sept 2017, What's your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    I didnt even get an interview for two that I applied for. I would really like York so will wait and see. Congratulations on your offer. I don't think I appreciated just how hard it would be!

ReputationRep:
    I didnt even get an interview for two that I applied for. I would really like York so will wait and see. Congratulations on your offer. I don't think I appreciated just how hard it would be!
    Hey, Hanmit Thanks so much and I'm so sorry to hear about your rejections Have you requested feedback yet, it will help you prepare for your next interview? Did you apply to 5 universities? I had 3 rejections and I was literally on my last legs.
    I knew it would be hard and competitive but nothing could have prepared me for what I've had to deal with. I guess the pressure is on because universities don't want to offer places to people who wants to waste their time, they want people who are ready for what they throw at them. For instance, my interview at London South Bank Uni was an MMI (Multiple Mini-interviews) You know it's a bit like speed dating, several stations set up to test your qualities and skills mostly scenario based questions. There were several academics and health professionals and a service user asking questions, I knew that was my chance to shine, so even though I didn't know if what I saying made sense to them but it made sense to me and I ran with it as if I knew what I talking about not realising that my true personality was shining through my answers and before I knew it 20 mins was up and I was heading home telling myself I messed up and 4 weeks later I got my unconditional offer!!!

So there is hope yet, remember when universities shortlist prospective students not only should we have the entry grades the personal statement plays a big part and this is what you should focus on, once you know your personal statement and you have shown your knowledge about what nurses do and you have matched your skills and qualities to your chosen profession you can be successful in any interview. People don't go into nursing for wages, but they go into it because of their passion and caring persona, wanting to relieve the pain of others and support people when their most vulnerable and so on...

Once you receive another interview, find out what the interview involves so you can start preparing if you haven't already done so. Everything happens for a reason, you just need to find out the reason for your rejections and hopefully, that should help.

Let me know how it goes ok

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.