Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey I sant to do Maths at University and to show my interest i think id like to read some maths books - also because i like reading.

So when you applied, did you read any maths books? How many?

Can you recommend any good ones? Which are the best maths books in your opinion?

What is your favourite Maths book and why?

Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coolme12345)
    Hey I sant to do Maths at University and to show my interest i think id like to read some maths books - also because i like reading.

So when you applied, did you read any maths books? How many?

Can you recommend any good ones? Which are the best maths books in your opinion?

What is your favourite Maths book and why?

Cheers.
    Reading Maths books will not help you when it comes to admission, and it'll be a bit pointless to talk about it in your personal statement. Hardly anyone reads any unless out of sheer interest to read.

I'd recommend reading ahead in any of your favourite topic you're currently studying. With that said, if you just want to read out of boredom or anything I'd recommend 'the Simpsons and their mathematical secret' by Simon Singh.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.