Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hmm.. ok, i could do with a bit of advice if you wouldnt mind. no one will help me! mum says its my choice and all my friends do too.. grrrr. lol

basically last summer i got spotted by some modelling company in covent garden. this guy took my photo, his colleague gave me the card and said they would ring me.

I didnt actually think they would, but 2 days later they did. did a bit of research into the company to check it was legit and all ok. then with my mum went along to the company to check them out and they took a few more photos like profiles an stuff.

really didnt think they'd ring again but they did an i decided (cos i live in birmingham) not to do anything with them cos i was about to do a levels and basically told them i might be free in the summer.

so today i got a phone call of them asking me if id go back for more shoots as they think they have several possible placements for me.

shall i go?

i am going to uni in september (in cornwall) so cant carry anything on after that.. an i did tell them.

shall i go, even tho in the long run it wont lead to anything (nothing long term at least), and just have a bit of fun??

ReputationRep:
    If you look anything like your avatar then no .

Only joking, why not, if you want to then go for it. A bit of money is not a bad thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AntiMagicMan)
    If you look anything like your avatar then no .

Only joking, why not, if you want to then go for it. A bit of money is not a bad thing.
    you dont think the orange skin is individual??!? Lol

nah the money isnt important, it wouldnt be much cos i would just be starting out. i quite like the idea of being an extra for tv... lol. that would be fun!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, you should definitely do it if you have the chance. And anyways if you do it a couple of times, even in Uni you can still do a bit of modelling part time and earn some extra money. If you don't do it now, you'll probably regret it later.

ReputationRep:
    Go for it girly! If it's defo a legit company, it sounds like lots of fun

ReputationRep:
    Do It!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    Go for it girly! If it's defo a legit company, it sounds like lots of fun
    definatley a legit company. well known too.

BUUUT i dunno if i can be bothered. lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hester)
    definatley a legit company. well known too.

BUUUT i dunno if i can be bothered. lol
    Ahhh c'mon you'll regret it if you don't!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieshaxxx)
    Ahhh c'mon you'll regret it if you don't!
    in which case i have to find 4 photos to send them of me, so that they can send them off to the ppl who might be interested in me.
    sooo much work an its the SUMMER!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hester)
    hmm.. ok, i could do with a bit of advice if you wouldnt mind. no one will help me! mum says its my choice and all my friends do too.. grrrr. lol

basically last summer i got spotted by some modelling company in covent garden. this guy took my photo, his colleague gave me the card and said they would ring me.

I didnt actually think they would, but 2 days later they did. did a bit of research into the company to check it was legit and all ok. then with my mum went along to the company to check them out and they took a few more photos like profiles an stuff.

really didnt think they'd ring again but they did an i decided (cos i live in birmingham) not to do anything with them cos i was about to do a levels and basically told them i might be free in the summer.

so today i got a phone call of them asking me if id go back for more shoots as they think they have several possible placements for me.

shall i go?

i am going to uni in september (in cornwall) so cant carry anything on after that.. an i did tell them.

shall i go, even tho in the long run it wont lead to anything (nothing long term at least), and just have a bit of fun??
    Why are you hesitating! If they like you, go! If you are going to uni, the money that you make from modelling can really help you get through uni. Do it, and don't make me have to repeat myself.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like fun, my bestfriend got spotted on holiday in italy, and she now does shoots regulary for mario testini, ive been along too, and its great! And plus you get to say that you are a model.

What company is it?

ReputationRep:
    why not? It'll be fun,

"And plus you get to say that you are a model"

this alone is worth it!
    and then there's the money you get, probably more than a regular job at some department store!!

ReputationRep:
    modeling AND uni... hummm it is a known fact that modelling kills brain cells... akin to alcohol... mwuhahaahhaha

ReputationRep:
    um if i say the company name ppl will say either i'm lying or bragging, so i wont :P

ReputationRep:
    Do it, you have my full blessing!

Modelling is easy money, but keep your studies on track - and keep eating!

ReputationRep:
    Whats the company name?

Post a pic of yourself plz

ReputationRep:
    um. um. ok

pics of me you can have they are at

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jas...lbum?.dir=a023

but not mentioning the company name, thank you.

ReputationRep:
    how old are yoy hester?

ReputationRep:
    which one are you? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.