Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jndikum)
    Well being a model is not necessarily about being super pretty. It's about being 'striking' in a good sense. You know, having that flair.

Looking at the photo with Hester and Billy, she seems the sort that you'd see in the street and turn around just to get a second look. People you've got to admit, she is modelling material.

Anyway Ester, I reckon you should go for it. Definitely. You'll regret later in life if you don't. It's not only about the money, it's about a new experience, a new world. Besides, you get to choose when you want to model. You've plenty of time before uni. A friend of mine modelled whilst in college and she's damn smart too! So yea, it can be done.

Forget this perverted guy who had to bring sex into it. He sounds jealous. Just go for it..modelling offers don't come to everyone..

Best of luck

John
    Some nice words.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hester)

basically last summer i got spotted by some modelling company in covent garden. this guy took my photo, his colleague gave me the card and said they would ring me.

I didnt actually think they would, but 2 days later they did. did a bit of research into the company to check it was legit and all ok. then with my mum went along to the company to check them out and they took a few more photos like profiles an stuff.

really didnt think they'd ring again but they did an i decided (cos i live in birmingham) not to do anything with them cos i was about to do a levels and basically told them i might be free in the summer.

so today i got a phone call of them asking me if id go back for more shoots as they think they have several possible placements for me.

shall i go?

i am going to uni in september (in cornwall) so cant carry anything on after that.. an i did tell them.

shall i go, even tho in the long run it wont lead to anything (nothing long term at least), and just have a bit of fun??
    No offence, but i think the person who approach you is a scam, or your a complete troll.......your face is hardly appealing and it makes me cringe. I have no idea what the person was smoking?!...

just my 2 percent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guest1984)
    No offence, but i think the person who approach you is a scam, or your a complete troll.......your face is hardly appealing and it makes me cringe. I have no idea what the person was smoking?!...

just my 2 percent

That's raving mate. You're not exactly Brad Pitt! Don't come on internet forums to boost your self esteem - go to a counsellor. :mad:

ReputationRep:

just my 2 percent

I hope that ain't you in ur picture... ur in no position to say that really.

ReputationRep:
    hmm.. ok, i could do with a bit of advice if you wouldnt mind. no one will help me! mum says its my choice and all my friends do too.. grrrr. lol

basically last summer i got spotted by some modelling company in covent garden. this guy took my photo, his colleague gave me the card and said they would ring me.

I didnt actually think they would, but 2 days later they did. did a bit of research into the company to check it was legit and all ok. then with my mum went along to the company to check them out and they took a few more photos like profiles an stuff.

really didnt think they'd ring again but they did an i decided (cos i live in birmingham) not to do anything with them cos i was about to do a levels and basically told them i might be free in the summer.

so today i got a phone call of them asking me if id go back for more shoots as they think they have several possible placements for me.

shall i go?

i am going to uni in september (in cornwall) so cant carry anything on after that.. an i did tell them.

shall i go, even tho in the long run it wont lead to anything (nothing long term at least), and just have a bit of fun??
    Depending on whether its really something you want to do. No doubt about it that it can (if you are good enough) take you places. My sister regularly went over to Japan to shoot.

It also depends on how well this copany is respected in the business. But if I could, id recommend fashion modelling. Its the safest option.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    Depending on whether its really something you want to do. No doubt about it that it can (if you are good enough) take you places. My sister regularly went over to Japan to shoot.

It also depends on how well this copany is respected in the business. But if I could, id recommend fashion modelling. Its the safest option.
    its well respected enough. i know its not a scam. i'm just not sure it IS what i wanna do. tough choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad_Monkey59)
    I hope that ain't you in ur picture... ur in no position to say that really.
    lol......well, i admit u don't have to be good looking to be famous.......and u shouldn't diss the guy in my picture, he has become a Superstar in the US and Hong Kong!

like i said, i am just giving my 2 percent

ReputationRep:
    lol......well, i admit u don't have to be good looking to be famous.......and u shouldn't diss the guy in my picture, he has become a Superstar in the US and Hong Kong!

Wtf is all this "two percent" business? This isn't Countdown you know!

If you insist on using hackneyed American phrases, at least use them properly:

"Just giving my two cents"

ReputationRep:
    its well respected enough. i know its not a scam. i'm just not sure it IS what i wanna do. tough choice.
    NO I dont mean whether or not its a scam, I mean how well its respected in the industry. Better still, what agency is it? That way you can know what their main focus is whether its just photos or catwalk etc.

ReputationRep:

you should chose your words more carefully... its a person with feelings your talkin to you know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    NO I dont mean whether or not its a scam, I mean how well its respected in the industry. Better still, what agency is it? That way you can know what their main focus is whether its just photos or catwalk etc.
    they do both. but they said i wasnt tall enough for catwalk - wouldnt want to do that anyway - but that i had a look for photographic work. which is what i would want to do.

and they are v well respected in the industry as far as i know, and me and my mum did some reasearch last summer about it.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, nobody was 'avin a larf <direceted at all to the people who suggested it>. I don't know loads about modelling, but I asked Hester two agencies - and it was the first agency that I asked! They, quite obviously, mean business.

She's got a future! Most of you lot haven't. Now wise up and stop panning her.

Cheerio

ReputationRep:
    Your not getting what im saying. :rolleyes:

Ok a few years ago when I was picked up by Maria Bicario she was well respected, infact a giant in the industry here, but she turned out ot be dodge. Mostly administrative. And turns out she was only good for photoshoots not catwalk, infact not one designer would book her any more.

Thats all im saying, be careful of the things that are not made known to the public. Even if it is an industry giant, that all.

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I advise you take note of what Everdawn and a few other wise people have said regarding modelling, as (this keyboard, BTW, is giving me the irrits, but that's another story) these agencies can get away with a s**tload of wrongdoings, using the prestige of being a 'modelling agency' to get away with it (I could start with the story about how my agency in Canberra hasn't paid me anything at ALL since, hmm, the recent time of NOVEMBER 2003!! In fact they owe me about 2 grand for Christmas, NY, Easter, and various other projects - but let's not go there, it's quite an unhappy story).

So I'd be getting all info I could about what their pay is like, WHEN they're likely to pay you (that said, I'd probably even go as far to say as HOW, ie. thru cheque, or pay in account?) and whether you need to give out your tax file number or not (usually a good thing, means you won't have to sort out your tax, like I'll have to).

But congratulations anyway, for being selected, am happy for you. Show us a pic! (Ur other one wouldn't open for some reason).

Danni

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.