Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Perfume not tested on animals??? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Last year I decided no longer to buy make up or perfume that was tested on animals.
    Issue is its extremely difficult to find high quality perfume that actually lasts all day that is cruelty free.
    I've tried Lush's karma perfume and disliked the scent. I prefer sweeter ones.
    I also tried Lush's vanillary and it wasn't a strong scent.
    Are there any mainstream perfume brands that are cruelty free? Or good lesser known ones that are cruelty free?
    Thanks for any help!

ReputationRep:
    I love the phrase "cruelty free"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cbreef)
    I love the phrase "cruelty free"
    Why? :cookie:

ReputationRep:
    Beauty is pain. The rat is dead by the time it makes it to the store. You might as well make sure Stuart Little didn't die in vain and buy it.

Anyway here is an overview:

http://www.crueltyfreekitty.com/bath...-free-perfume/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tengentoppa)
    Beauty is pain. The rat is dead by the time it makes it to the store. You might as well make sure Stuart Little didn't die in vain and buy it.

Anyway here is an overview:

http://www.crueltyfreekitty.com/bath...-free-perfume/

Eh that's an issue too but not buying their products and protesting against it is meaning companies may decide "no I don't want to sell in china and test on animals, people don't like it." Though such a big market I can only hope china change their laws but it may stop some companies.

Issue is ive never heard of any of the cruelty free brands. No clue! I'll look into them though, thank you!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.