Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi, so if youre currently doing your a levels when did you start revising? or when will you start revising?
    same for anyone whos done a levels
    is there such thing as too soon?

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, it depends how high your goals are. Someone who is aiming to get 3 A*s would have been preparing since the start of the year, whilst someone aiming to get 3 C's would start 1 month before the exam, if that.

ReputationRep:
    My target grades are ABB and I'm starting to make flashcards and stuff now so when it gets closer to the exams i'll have most of my resources made
    Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASNinja98)
    My target grades are ABB and I'm starting to make flashcards and stuff now so when it gets closer to the exams i'll have most of my resources made
    Good Luck
    Thanks! what subjects do you do?

ReputationRep:
    I started making revision notes from the start and started reading through them from about end of jan. I began revising proper from march as if I started too early I would have got tired by may/June. But I'd say start as soon as you think you should but don't leave it till easter... that's too late in my opinion if you want good grades. Hope this helped x

ReputationRep:
    You should start revising as early as you can. The earlier the better, this way you remember things better and having the time to understand. Cramming everything 1 month before is just going to be stress as you skim through past papers and trying to remember everything word by word. You want to be comfortable with the subject at least 1 month before the exam to be confident and reduce the stress.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smartiecookie)
    Thanks! what subjects do you do?
    AQA biology and geography
    OCR geology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amina190)
    I started making revision notes from the start and started reading through them from about end of jan. I began revising proper from march as if I started too early I would have got tired by may/June. But I'd say start as soon as you think you should but don't leave it till easter... that's too late in my opinion if you want good grades. Hope this helped x
    Hi have you done your A Levels? If you have what did you get? Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Nope!1 start revising now if you can and if you are bothered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MBas)
    Hi have you done your A Levels? If you have what did you get? Thank you
    Hiya, yeah I have I got AAB😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amina190)
    Hiya, yeah I have I got AAB😊
    Wow well done! That's really good, I think your hard work paid off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MBas)
    Wow well done! That's really good, I think your hard work paid off
    Thankssss😂😝

ReputationRep:
    hi, so if youre currently doing your a levels when did you start revising? or when will you start revising?
    same for anyone whos done a levels
    is there such thing as too soon?
    Start properly revising around Feb because it's all gone harder as well and if your predicted grades are high then yeah start around Feb
    I started revising late you and I wasn't able to remember anything so ye

ReputationRep:
    I've been consolidating content from day one, but I started more in November (mocks) and now I'm stepping it up a bit more. I think it depends on you, but for me the earlier the better. I like to be prepared and have content revised so that I can go back to things I don't understand and focus on past papers towards exam time. There is nothing worse than rushing to make revision materials because you didn't prepare early enough. February is where you want to start revising properly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie.mn)
    I've been consolidating content from day one, but I started more in November (mocks) and now I'm stepping it up a bit more. I think it depends on you, but for me the earlier the better. I like to be prepared and have content revised so that I can go back to things I don't understand and focus on past papers towards exam time. There is nothing worse than rushing to make revision materials because you didn't prepare early enough. February is where you want to start revising properly.
    thanks for the reply! what subjects do you do?

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the reply! what subjects do you do?
    No problem! I do History, English Lit, Philosophy, Politics and EPQ.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.