Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    AS: AAC on maths, physics computer science respectively
    A2 predicted: A*AA respectively

However, I am a developer. Do you believe I will get an offer?

How about you, did you got an offer yet?

ReputationRep:
    It says on the website:

"A-level candidates are expected to obtain grades ranging from AAB to AAA."

ReputationRep:
    I applied mid-November and I'm still waiting

ReputationRep:
    I applied early October and I have still not heard back yet. I don't think we will be waiting long for decisions as the deadline for UCAS applications was not long ago.

ReputationRep:
    Glad I finally found a chat on this. I applied early November and haven't heard anything. St Andrews is the last to reply.

ReputationRep:
    I applied November 18th and got an offer today! Good luck to you all!

ReputationRep:
    I also received my offer today, applied mid october.

ReputationRep:
    Did you folks apply for the bachelors or the masters?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shreddit)
    Masters w/second year entry

ReputationRep:
    For anyone worried about this, it doesn't actually matter. You can change your mind almost up until the end of 4th year when they ask you whether you want to graduate or not.

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Mathematics and Computer Science in October. The status of my application is still pending decision. I only have one offer so far (Imperial College). It is kind of weird cause I thought getting in to StA would be a lot easier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deltahedron)
    I applied for Mathematics and Computer Science in October. The status of my application is still pending decision. I only have one offer so far (Imperial College). It is kind of weird cause I thought getting in to StA would be a lot easier.
    I know a fair few who were rejected by St A but got Cambridge/Oxford offers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oxy)
    I know a fair few who were rejected by St A but got Cambridge/Oxford offers.
    Okay, well I can still hope. I'll probably firm Imperial anyway. Has anyone heard of any EU applicants receiving offers from St A up to now?

ReputationRep:
    Na i don't know any EU folks applying. I like that i can change to the masters later in my degree. Not making my mind up now is awesome.

ReputationRep:
    Na i don't know any EU folks applying. I like that i can change to the masters later in my degree. Not making my mind up now is awesome.
    Courtesy of the 'Scottish' system which is more akin to an American 'college'

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible to change to 2nd year entry? I wasn't aware that option existed until recently :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kidb_)
    Is it possible to change to 2nd year entry? I wasn't aware that option existed until recently :/
    It depends but I don't see why not if you have the requisite grades / knowledge.

ReputationRep:
    got rejected :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kidb_)
    got rejected :/
    Aww.. Sorry to hear that. Were you an international applicant?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spark99)
    Aww.. Sorry to hear that. Were you an international applicant?
    nah, uk. a bit bummed out because I would have lower fees (Scotland/EU fee status).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.