Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have to take my online test, and attend the selection day on the 3rd of Feb, Im kinda scared, do not know what to expect for either of them, would appreciate it if anyones been through it and can give me some advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eghelpme)
    I have to take my online test, and attend the selection day on the 3rd of Feb, Im kinda scared, do not know what to expect for either of them, would appreciate it if anyones been through it and can give me some advice
    I have my interview at UCL on the 3rd of Feb too! Yet to take the online test :afraid: But how are you preparing for it?

ReputationRep:
    I recently got the online assessment too! have any of you had the chance to take it and see how it is? or do any of you know if it needs any specific prep?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kqsruno)
    I recently got the online assessment too! have any of you had the chance to take it and see how it is? or do any of you know if it needs any specific prep?
    I took the test a few days ago and there's three parts to it. The first part involves maths calculations and I found those relatively easy! It's like basic GCSE maths. The second part involves a few ethical scenarios which have multiple choice answers and then the last part is the essay question (which I found a little challenging) but Im not really sure how how you could prepare for it since it could be on anything health related, I presume. I think the best thing to do, as there are 50 mins to take the whole test, is to make sure you give yourself enough time for the essay! So for me I took about 20 mins on the questions and saved about 30 mins to do the essay and even had time to go back and edit it! Hope this helped and good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aa98)
    I took the test a few days ago and there's three parts to it. The first part involves maths calculations and I found those relatively easy! It's like basic GCSE maths. The second part involves a few ethical scenarios which have multiple choice answers and then the last part is the essay question (which I found a little challenging) but Im not really sure how how you could prepare for it since it could be on anything health related, I presume. I think the best thing to do, as there are 50 mins to take the whole test, is to make sure you give yourself enough time for the essay! So for me I took about 20 mins on the questions and saved about 30 mins to do the essay and even had time to go back and edit it! Hope this helped and good luck
    Thank you so so much!!!
    just to further clarify though, I'm an international student so I don't do GCSEs. Not quite sure what level of difficulty that would be. Would that be like simple algebra?
    Sorry if that's a dumb question I'm just a bit unfamiliar.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so so much!!!
    just to further clarify though, I'm an international student so I don't do GCSEs. Not quite sure what level of difficulty that would be. Would that be like simple algebra?
    Sorry if that's a dumb question I'm just a bit unfamiliar.
    Ahh no don't worry! So questions from what I can remember were things like what is 26.5987 to 2 decimal places, and percentages questions. I think there was one question which used relative molecular mass Mr from chemistry but it was really simple

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aa98)
    Ahh no don't worry! So questions from what I can remember were things like what is 26.5987 to 2 decimal places, and percentages questions. I think there was one question which used relative molecular mass Mr from chemistry but it was really simple
    oh great!! i feel a lot less nervous now. Can't thank you enough.
    Hope you did well too!!

ReputationRep:
    oh great!! i feel a lot less nervous now. Can't thank you enough.
    Hope you did well too!!
    No problem! Hope you do great, and thanks!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.