Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've tried a lot of different foundations and the drugstore products tend to let me down - my skin can be a bit problematic. I've been using Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk for the past couple of years and I love it! It looks really natural and it doesn't cling to dry patches.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wifty)
    I've tried a lot of different foundations and the drugstore products tend to let me down - my skin can be a bit problematic. I've been using Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk for the past couple of years and I love it! It looks really natural and it doesn't cling to dry patches.
    Do you have blemish prone skin? I've been wanting to try luminous silk for ages but im scared it will break me out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thebananawoman)
    Do you have blemish prone skin? I've been wanting to try luminous silk for ages but im scared it will break me out!
    Yes! I break out really easily and have very sensitive skin. I used to use drugstore foundations, but I found that they clogged my pores quite badly and I suffered with some acne issues because of it. Luminous Silk is good though - it's quite light but decent coverage and I've never had any problems with it. Higher end foundation tends to be better for your skin I've found.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Erm back when I wore makeup I used this No.7 stuff (their palest shade ofc )
    But it got so pricey so I tried this max factor stuff
    But that was cakey
    So my go-to cheap-ish one is this Rimmel match perfection one (in palest shade)
    -Cheap
    -Not cakey
    -Doesn't break me out too much
    Don't wear makeup now unless I have an interview etc.

As for powder
    Gotta be Rimmel :yep: their erm wossit called
    erm
    ermmmmmm
    STAY MATTE
    that's the one
    I knew that and didn't have to google it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wifty)
    Yes! I break out really easily and have very sensitive skin. I used to use drugstore foundations, but I found that they clogged my pores quite badly and I suffered with some acne issues because of it. Luminous Silk is good though - it's quite light but decent coverage and I've never had any problems with it. Higher end foundation tends to be better for your skin I've found.
    Thanks I'm using loreal true match at the moment because it's meant to be a dupe but it wears of very quickly, I'll give it a go!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks I'm using loreal true match at the moment because it's meant to be a dupe but it wears of very quickly, I'll give it a go!
    No problem do you use anything to set your foundation, like powder or setting spray?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wifty)
    No problem do you use anything to set your foundation, like powder or setting spray?
    I use vichy dermblend loose powder to set I was using setting spray but it didn't do that much for me, the only thing that has made a massive difference is primer (either benefit porefessional or laura mercier hydrating)

ReputationRep:
    I use vichy dermblend loose powder to set I was using setting spray but it didn't do that much for me, the only thing that has made a massive difference is primer (either benefit porefessional or laura mercier hydrating)
    I love Porefessional - it's amazing! have you tried Urban Decay setting spray? It works quite nicely for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wifty)
    I love Porefessional - it's amazing! have you tried Urban Decay setting spray? It works quite nicely for me
    Yeah, I might try it again though because everyone keeps raving about it
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by wifty)
    L'Oreal setting spray is amazing, it's so light. The Maybelline one is absolutely ****, it leaves white marks no matter how much I shake the bottle or have it far from my face.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)

What's your favourite foundation, and how many do you own?

I tend to shop drugstores for my foundation as A) since I don't tend to wear make-up much, I don't want to splash out, and B) I do a lot of gym (though I don't wear make-up to the gym), walking, and moving heavy boxes at my volunteering. This means I sweat a lot. And I don't want to waste money on a foundation I could sweat off in an hour :rofl:

My problem is is that I have pale skin with red patches (and it's even worse now due to the treatment I'm going under for my skin) so it is incredibly hard for me to find a foundation that won't make me look deathly pale (but cover my imperfections) or Donald Trump-esq like. :rofl:

I have 4 foundations:

- Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse and Rimmel's Fresher Skin are my go-to ones if I need a little coverage when going to class etc and I don't want the world to suffer seeing my face. :laugh:

- Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid is my go-to for events where I have to wear make-up as it feels heavier on my skin, and coverage is better than its Dream Mousse equivalent.

- I have just bought Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum and I am looking forward to using it when I next go out. As it is hypoallergenic, it means it won't irritate my poor skin, and yet it's meant to be a nice light coverage, which is what I like.
    Either the bill & Melinda gates foundation or the British heart...both do excellent work.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by heineken)
    Either the bill & Melinda gates foundation or the British heart...both do excellent work.
    Oh, I fully agree. :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Been using Maybelline 24 hour stay for a year now. I have oily skin and this keeps it looking matte throughout the day. Also wore it everyday on holiday and it didn't run off when I sweated and it's waterproof It has good sun protection as well, the one day I went out barefaced I got burnt :cry:

ReputationRep:
    Dior star changed my life.
    Drugstore version makeupforever or smashbox
    also stila is v good for light coverage

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    MAC foundation is really expensive, isn't?
    It's £26 a bottle. Worth it though IMO.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.