Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Your bedroom... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i got a metallica st anger and a jimi hendrix poster on the walls ... in frames though ... i agree ... posters straight on walls look funny unless u have a LOT of em and they cover ur walls entirely

my room is an average size for a 1930's semi. The walls are hot pink, and sugar pink. I have a really old single bed and at the moment it has white purple and blue covers on it and lots of cushions. A beech mini filing cabinet on wheels which serves me as a bedside table. A double and single beech wardrobe from ikea with pink heart handles on. A bookcase from ikea. A desk and chair. A lilac beanbag chair. Lilac curtains. Laminate flooring. Lots of random bits and pieces. Micro Hifi system. TV-video combi, but the video part doesnt work anymore. I think that may be it. And lots of posters and stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icetopaz_h454)
    Do any of you have your own room? Even if you share with someone, what does your room look like (colours, carpet etc), what is in it, and do you like it?
    Yeah, I've got my own bedroom, and I like it. We got our house extended, so I was able to change the colour of my roon. Before, my room had pinkish wallpaper, but pink is not really my colour. So now my room is turquoise, with a thick cream stripe on opposite sides of my room.

ReputationRep:
    I used to share a room with my sis,but then I've haded so I moved to another one,which is the smallest room in the whole house,my sister go the delux room which has a bathroom in,
    so my room is small painted in peach,with a lalic inclinde line cutting each wall into 2 tringles,each tringle has a cirlce with a different colour,you'de think it's like a circus which is true*LOL*with a very small window,the furniture is woody peach and lalic also,I have one desk, whick has my pc ,stereo system,and which I study on,I have one comadeno near my bed,also there is toalite and a mirror,also one huge closet,thats all,it's pretty small but I like it though

ReputationRep:
    I like plain walls too the only thing I have is stuck to my door a poster which say "Please knock before being refused entry". Its been there since I was 13

ReputationRep:
    i share my room with my lil sis.

its a loft conversion so its quite kul...lilac walls, with purple three purple squares on the 2 biggest ones.

the normal, a desk, 2 beds, a lil floor sofa, lilac curtains, a lil tv(black and white , but it has its uses)

and best of all my own onsuite, well thats wot i call it but its a lil bathroom with a shower, toilet and sink...and thats all blu!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pegasus)
    I like plain walls too the only thing I have is stuck to my door a poster which say "Please knock before being refused entry". Its been there since I was 13
    Hehe, I used to have a similar thing on my door handle a while ago (pinched from a hotel). Although it usually displayed "This room is ready for cleaning".

ReputationRep:
    I've got a strange comic cell style action drawing of an egyptian god with the head of some bird that I did I year nine art on my door.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    You should have got a double bed.

Bed and the desk were already in the room, and didn't need replacing - however nice a double bed would be !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    Hehe, I used to have a similar thing on my door handle a while ago (pinched from a hotel). Although it usually displayed "This room is ready for cleaning".
    I know someone who had a " Queue for Sausages here " sign outside their room, which they had stolen from a supermarket

ReputationRep:
    I know someone who had a " Queue for Sausages here " sign outside their room, which they had stolen from a supermarket
    lol. I can see us moving closer towards the (ever amusing) road sign/traffic cone/general trophy branch of storytelling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    lol. I can see us moving closer towards the (ever amusing) road sign/traffic cone/general trophy branch of storytelling.

Oh yes, I put up a "no dumping" sign in my toilet.

MB

ReputationRep:
    I have my own room, have a corner wardrope, bookcase from ikea, entertainment unit with tv, dvd player, music system and video recorder in it. Have a corner desk, drawer, chair, bed, a video storage; which I've put books in instead and also serves as a bedside table.

On the walls, I painted it in two shades of blue (one pale and the other sky blue) and painted about five dolphins around my room in dark blue. Also have four shelves, one poster in frame and mirror

ReputationRep:
    my room is my fave place to be when i feel sad or annoyed! its big with a 4 poster double bed and its all orange and peach! I have a big window and loads of pictures of my friends and family! i have about 10 fitted mahogany wardrobes FULL of clothes and shoes! I have a dressing table with a mirror and make up on and all my perfume n pics on a shelf above it! on the shelf above my bed there are two lamps and more pics and candles! and I have a full lenght mirror a tv and DVD player and a Minidisc and CD hi-fi system! On the walls i have cool artwork from all the places ive been on holiday, i have my name written on papryus from egypt, a wall hanging from thailand, a wall hanging from south africa and a frame witht he origins of my name in! i think movin to uni is gonna be hard cos i have a massive room now and ill move to a small one! ill have to seriously think about what im takin!!!

ReputationRep:
    Bedroom: Yellowish walls, white roof. There's not all that much in there, a single bed, a table with two chairs by it, a large closet, a small desk with a chair, and quite a few bookshelves.

Officeish thing: Bookshelves on all walls (with the exception of where the windows are), a desk and a chair, two chairs in corners for relaxing, reading etc. Computers etc are in here.

Living/relaxing room (or something like that): 2 sofas, a table, chairs in corners, TV, stereo, DVD and the rest of the 'essentials.'

Also a small entrance hall thing.

Redwood on floors in these rooms.

Bathroom: Rather dull really, not much to say about it.

Downlights throughout.

...and it sounds much more fancy than it actually is, although admittedly I do have sufficient space.

ReputationRep:
    Green walls, dark blue carpet, mini hi-fi system, tv, dvd player, small bookcase, large wardrobe. Also a CD rack my sister made for her GCSE Resistant Materials Project

I have a massive poster of Pharrell on the back of my door. Also some small posters above my window of various singers and bands.

Oh BTW My friend has a sink in her room, quite convenient actually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icetopaz_h454)
    Do any of you have your own room? Even if you share with someone, what does your room look like (colours, carpet etc), what is in it, and do you like it?
    I have a antique wooden bed with a My Little Pony bed spread. One wall is covered in celebrities, the others are covered in new season pictures from the design Houses, and beautiful watercolour designs. Its a very creative space.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    I have a antique wooden bed with a My Little Pony bed spread. One wall is covered in celebrities, the others are covered in new season pictures from the design Houses, and beautiful watercolour designs. Its a very creative space.
    Wow. That sounds lovely

that really did make me burst into laughter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    Wow. That sounds lovely
    ta! :cool:

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.