Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Mphil in Management Cambridge 2017/2018 Entry Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zhedong)
    Hello seeyajulia

Based on last year posts, it is likely that in next week (around Mar 8th) we will hear some kind of decisions.

Kind Regards
    Thanks a lot for your reply Zhedong
    Fingers crossed that something will actually happen next week!

ReputationRep:
    Sup everyone, new here, I applied late last month, so I don't expect to hear anything soon xD, does anyone know the admission rate for this course?

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Probably we won't hear results that soon... It could even be April for the decision...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zhedong)
    Probably we won't hear results that soon... It could even be April for the decision...
    Nooooo...
    Maybe later this month?... Since that's what they say on their website haha

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, just saw this thread. I got my offer in January. Wasn't expecting it so soon. I'm really excited. Good luck to you all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bv94)
    Hey guys, just saw this thread. I got my offer in January. Wasn't expecting it so soon. I'm really excited. Good luck to you all!
    Congratulations! The most excellent students (the first batch) will get their offers in January and February, which means you are very excellent and strong in your background.
    We are still waiting, and hopefully can be your classmate

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone!

I applied in September and got an offer in December so it can take a while whenever you apply! Good luck to everyone still waiting

ReputationRep:
    So when is the main round of offers? Did anyone apply in February and have received offers?

ReputationRep:
    I applied Feb 6 and haven't heard anything. My application is still in the "under consideration by the department" stage. It has been 7-8 weeks so I am a little concerned but they did say that 8 weeks was the norm.

ReputationRep:
    Any updates guys?

ReputationRep:
    Nope... still nothing. I just did the math yesterday and I determined I am in week 9 of waiting now. Starting to worry that I won't receive a response before I have to respond to other schools that accepted me. When did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dballa)
    Nope... still nothing. I just did the math yesterday and I determined I am in week 9 of waiting now. Starting to worry that I won't receive a response before I have to respond to other schools that accepted me. When did you apply?
    Hang in there. I'm in my 24th week of waiting now lol.
    Best of luck to us all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juliaguo92)
    Hang in there. I'm in my 24th week of waiting now lol.
    Best of luck to us all.
    Wait, seriously? :-O ? And you're sure they received it? That's actually insane. I don't know how you're doing it.

ReputationRep:
    Wait, seriously? :-O ? And you're sure they received it? That's actually insane. I don't know how you're doing it.
    Haha ikr. I've emailed them and made sure there wasn't anything wrong with my application and all that, and as expected they couldn't give any indication to when I might hear back from them.

ReputationRep:
    Haha ikr. I've emailed them and made sure there wasn't anything wrong with my application and all that, and as expected they couldn't give any indication to when I might hear back from them.
    24 weeks is just unfair honestly.
    I wonder if there are like "waves" of admission? Any indication would be good... I'm getting increasingly worried I'll lose my spots at the other places by the time I hear anything back.

ReputationRep:
    24 weeks is just unfair honestly.
    I wonder if there are like "waves" of admission? Any indication would be good... I'm getting increasingly worried I'll lose my spots at the other places by the time I hear anything back.
    Apart from the early offers, they say the majority offers are given out from March onwards, and candidates who get pooled in the process tend to hear back in May/June. I guess maybe you should call them and tell them about your situation so they could at least give you an indication...

ReputationRep:
    Apart from the early offers, they say the majority offers are given out from March onwards, and candidates who get pooled in the process tend to hear back in May/June. I guess maybe you should call them and tell them about your situation so they could at least give you an indication...
    Thanks for the info! Yeah I think I will have to do that because I am moving from the US and it's not exactly easy to pick up and move across the ocean with that much notice

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, how are your admissions (hopefully not rejections) going along?

I applied 8 minutes before the deadline - so obviously: didn't hear anything back yet. Still dying to hear back!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PsychJ)
    Hey guys, how are your admissions (hopefully not rejections) going along?

I applied 8 minutes before the deadline - so obviously: didn't hear anything back yet. Still dying to hear back!!
    Still nothing unfortunately. I emailed and I was told that it may take until the middle of the summer so I should ask the other schools for an extension at least until the end of May. Honestly, I don't even know if thats possible. I'm at a loss.

ReputationRep:
    Still nothing unfortunately. I emailed and I was told that it may take until the middle of the summer so I should ask the other schools for an extension at least until the end of May. Honestly, I don't even know if thats possible. I'm at a loss.
    Noooooooo.. hopefully they give you an extension!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.