Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I took the AS subjects on the new spec for biology, chemistry, Spanish and maths and u didn't recieve the grades I needed in order to get the predicted A grades I needed on my application for uni. Then September 2016 I had an offer to work at a global pharmaceutical company as an apprentice for 2 years. However, I really want to go into veterinary medicine and as I turn 18 in June it means I will need to retake my A levels (bio chem and physic instead) this September. In the time leading up to then I will continue to work at the company and I will also volunteer many places to gain veterinary experience and create a portfolio for it. Not to mention learn the content to my subjects for I'll be ready for the start of it.
    However, the two unis I have my heart set on are Cambridge and Surrey and even though it says they take resits I'm scared that I still will not get accepted. What are my chances and if there are any other alternative routes please let me know!😁

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgiaa_21)
    So I took the AS subjects on the new spec for biology, chemistry, Spanish and maths and u didn't recieve the grades I needed in order to get the predicted A grades I needed on my application for uni. Then September 2016 I had an offer to work at a global pharmaceutical company as an apprentice for 2 years. However, I really want to go into veterinary medicine and as I turn 18 in June it means I will need to retake my A levels (bio chem and physic instead) this September. In the time leading up to then I will continue to work at the company and I will also volunteer many places to gain veterinary experience and create a portfolio for it. Not to mention learn the content to my subjects for I'll be ready for the start of it.
    However, the two unis I have my heart set on are Cambridge and Surrey and even though it says they take resits I'm scared that I still will not get accepted. What are my chances and if there are any other alternative routes please let me know!😁
    I believe Surrey do consider resits and students that have applied once before but did not get an interview. They dont accept reapplications from students that were interveiwed but were rejected after interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coupezaj)
    I believe Surrey do consider resits and students that have applied once before but did not get an interview. They dont accept reapplications from students that were interveiwed but were rejected after interview
    Ah that's good, I didn't apply to a uni last year so at least I know I have a chance at Surrey. Thank you!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.