Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have a leased car, and installed a sub and amp myself. Part of the lease agreement involves getting the car serviced regularly. Do I need to remove the sub and amp before handing over to BMW?

My worry is that they will notify the leasing company and void warranty. Although I don't think it should count as a vehicle mod because it in no way affects the driving. The only grey area is that its connected to the car battery.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BONG-)
    I have a leased car, and installed a sub and amp myself. Part of the lease agreement involves getting the car serviced regularly. Do I need to remove the sub and amp before handing over to BMW?

My worry is that they will notify the leasing company and void warranty. Although I don't think it should count as a vehicle mod because it in no way affects the driving. The only grey area is that its connected to the car battery.
    As long as you haven't changed anything from standard (i.e. removed speakers to replace with new ones) then you shouldn't have a problem. I highly doubt BMW even know that it's a leased vehicle unless you leased it directly from them - even then, I doubt they'd care; they don't know what your lease agreement stipulates.

ReputationRep:
    How did you install it? As long as you didn't damage, cut, or remove anything original to the car then I can't see it being a problem. Just remove it and return the sound system to stock before giving it back at the end of your lease.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BONG-)

I'm looking to get a car soon and would have did the exact same thing as you, and probably still will do. Phone up BMW and ask and post what they said on here because I'm curious to know what they'd say.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.