Turn on thread page Beta

100,000 people turn up to Women's March on London watch

Announcements

100,001 if i went

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chief Wiggum)
    What are they even marching for?
    we are marching for the awareness of the importance of women's rights, lgbtq rights, planned parenthood, black lives matter, climate change, education, muslim lives matter

these of course aren't the only things we're marching for but these are some of the main things

ReputationRep:
    Do you realise, feminists, that because of this us lot on the right will become even stronger as so many people can't stand your childish, vulgar moaning over absolutely nothing. Let's hope Trump gets his skates on and defunds Planned Parenthood as soon as possible, it's what you all deserve after your pathetic behaviour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greysychology)
    muslim lives matter
    I will move to South America if this becomes a thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CyclePath)
    I will move to South America if this becomes a thing.
    Great, have a nice time there and please don't come back :wavey:

ReputationRep:
    Great, have a nice time there and please don't come back :wavey:
    It's beautiful there, I'll have you know.

ReputationRep:
    we are marching for the awareness of the importance of women's rights, lgbtq rights, planned parenthood, black lives matter, climate change, education, muslim lives matter

these of course aren't the only things we're marching for but these are some of the main things
    So why not march against Saudi Arabia and how they treat women. March against how most Muslim countries treat women and gays....or do you only march against white people!

ReputationRep:

What's your opinion on Islam's views of women's rights and LGBTQ rights?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by epage)
    Great turnout today at the women's march on london protesting the politics of fear and promoting equality and acceptance. I was there and it was definitely busy! Did anyone else go? What do people think of this movement today?
    This seems pointless and dim.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dandaman1)
    I think you missed the suffragette movement by almost a century.

Women have all the same rights men have. You are equal, as per the law.

If you want more women in politics, run for Parliament more often. And aren't the heads of the UK, Scottish and N. Irish governments all women anyway?

If you want equal average pay, work more hours, take less time off, and don't get married or have children.

If you don't want to be the disproportionate victims of crime and violence, don't do anything, because you aren't.

If you want more resources spent on your health and well-being than men (despite having longer life expectancies and lower rates of homelessness and suicide), again, don't do anything, because more resources are already spent on you.

If you want more girls in university getting an education... You get the picture.

But if you want to take to the streets and act like you're doing something important, go right ahead. Make a whole bunch of noise over your first world problems and non-existent oppression, you suffragette wannabes.
    I think it's more of a support protest of those doing the same protest in America... yaknow, against the president who thinks it's ok to grab women by the pussy without permission.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by demaistre)
    protesting the politics of fear and promoting gullible naivety.*

Fixed that for you mate.
    Nope you didn't fix anything mate. Think they had it right in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    I'm still not sure how trump is perceived as woman hating. What policies has he got that damage women's rights?? I'm not entirely sure how a 10 year old video of some locker talk is conclusive evidence of him being misogynistic either

ReputationRep:

Oh boy it's like someone vomited up a stack of buzzwords that make me have an aneurysm. You could have shortened it to "marching to make ourselves feel good".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moura)
    I think it's more of a support protest of those doing the same protest in America... yaknow, against the president who thinks it's ok to grab women by the pussy without permission.
    Which is based entirely on some exaggerated bro talk he espoused on a bus like 9 years ago when he was essentially bragging about groupies who, to quote him, "let you do it."

Lots of men talk like this in private. But suddenly everyone climbs up on their high horses, take it all seriously and act like their farts don't stink when Trump does it. It's all gotta be scrutinized and blown out of proportion.

There's a lot of crap Trump has said that's worthy of our scrutiny and attention, but this isn't it. I highly doubt he actually thinks it's okay to walk around grabbing women's junk without permission.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dandaman1)
    Which is based entirely on some exaggerated bro talk he espoused on a bus like 9 years ago when he was essentially bragging about groupies who, to quote him, "let you do it."

Lots of men talk like this in private. But suddenly everyone climbs up on their high horses, take it all seriously and act like their farts don't stink when Trump does it. It's all gotta be scrutinized and blown out of proportion.

There's a lot of crap Trump has said that's worthy of our scrutiny and attention, but this isn't it. I highly doubt he actually thinks it's okay to walk around grabbing women's junk without permission.
    If you think it's OK and normal to talk about women that way then you are hanging around with the wrong sort of people. NONE of my male friends or close family would ever joke about sexual assaulting a woman. I am sure you will reply saying I'm being naive but I think you are the one being naive. I know it as a fact. It is not at all acceptable. 9 years ago he was in his 60s and certainly well into the age of knowing better. There's a lot of women that have claims that suggest he doesn't know better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moura)
    If you think it's OK and normal to talk about women that way then you are hanging around with the wrong sort of people.
    And if you think guys who talk like this are being serious, you are very naive. Not all men talk like Mr. Darcy and Prince Charming. Welcome to the real world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moura)
    If you think it's OK and normal to talk about women that way then you are hanging around with the wrong sort of people. NONE of my male friends or close family would ever joke about sexual assaulting a woman. I am sure you will reply saying I'm being naive but I think you are the one being naive. I know it as a fact. It is not at all acceptable. 9 years ago he was in his 60s and certainly well into the age of knowing better. There's a lot of women that have claims that suggest he doesn't know better.
    he has apologised for what he has said and there's really not much else he can do. Something he said 9 years ago is by no means representative of his opinion on women now;You must be incredibly bitter and incapable of forgiveness if you think it is. Imagine if we were all defined by regrettable things we had said in the past,

ReputationRep:
    Madonna is an embarrassment. Calling for 'peace' and 'love revolution' just after saying she'd love to blow the White House up.

What a virtual signalling old crone.

ReputationRep:
    I greatly regret not going to this march! I'm a guy and wanted to show my support too. I was ill in the morning and lazily slept in. It was historic. Well done to everyone who went!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jape)
    This seems pointless and dim.

Does the first sentence relate to the second?

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.