Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I am an international student(southeast Asian) who is doing 18 months A level programme and I planned to apply for 2018 Sep universities intakes. As the course has just started, I do know that I do not need to have big worry for it right now. However, I just want to know whether 18 months programme students have to take AS exams before applying to unis through ucas. It is because I have to apply during September to 15 January and I might not have sit for AS exams. There is exam session on May/June but I want to take time to have good grades. I did great in GCSE(international version) and got 2A*4A1B and the course I want to apply requirement is ABB in A level. So, is it possible to apply for 2018 intake without AS grades but with iGCSE results? or do i have to sit AS exams in coming May/June session for applying? or Do i just need to sit for A level at the end of 18 months(next year May/June)? Thanks.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thar Lun Naing)
    Hello! I am an international student(southeast Asian) who is doing 18 months A level programme and I planned to apply for 2018 Sep universities intakes. As the course has just started, I do know that I do not need to have big worry for it right now. However, I just want to know whether 18 months programme students have to take AS exams before applying to unis through ucas. It is because I have to apply during September to 15 January and I might not have sit for AS exams. There is exam session on May/June but I want to take time to have good grades. I did great in GCSE(international version) and got 2A*4A1B and the course I want to apply requirement is ABB in A level. So, is it possible to apply for 2018 intake without AS grades but with iGCSE results? or do i have to sit AS exams in coming May/June session for applying? or Do i just need to sit for A level at the end of 18 months(next year May/June)? Thanks.
    Many a level subjects don't include the AS grade in a final grade or other them at all so it wouldn't be compulsory, your referee would be expected to give predicted a level grades in your reference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Many a level subjects don't include the AS grade in a final grade or other them at all so it wouldn't be compulsory, your referee would be expected to give predicted a level grades in your reference.
    Thank you...The main reason for the question is that I am home school student and I am just worried that the applicant who lacks AS qualification and its based predicted grades might be considered weak applicant compared to those who provide the AS grades. And do they consider the home school tutors' predicted grades as mine will be from them?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thar Lun Naing)
    Thank you...The main reason for the question is that I am home school student and I am just worried that the applicant who lacks AS qualification and its based predicted grades might be considered weak applicant compared to those who provide the AS grades. And do they consider the home school tutors' predicted grades as mine will be from them?
    Has one of your tutors agreed to write you a reference?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Has one of your tutors agreed to write you a reference?
    Yes, I asked all of them and they agree to help me with that.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.