Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If you were dating me, would you respect my decision? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am Christian and I believe in no sex before marriage.

I have dated many guys who I have liked but they end the relationship sometimes for this reason.

I don't mind if the guy I date is not Christian, I have to love who he is.

If you're Atheist and I told you about me not having sex before marriage, on that reason only: would you date or dump me?

I know personality is a major factor, but ignoring that, would you date me still?

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't mind

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't date you.

Sex is a big thing for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissBeautyUK)

I have dated many guys who I have liked but they end the relationship sometimes for this reason.

If you're Atheist and I told you about me not having sex before marriage, on that reason only: would you date or dump me?

I know personality is a major factor, but ignoring that, would you date me still?
    no I don't like restrictions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    uck queen
    ??

If I'm 30+ then I wouldn't mind. Otherwise, I'm not gonna waste the optimum sex years waiting.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    uck queen
    :rofl:

OT: I wouldn't mind

ReputationRep:
    As the only thing I care about is getting hole, I wouldn't do it considering I don't want to get married.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:

You'd be given a month and then wrote off. Ultimately i see sex as a way to express my intimacy and place some value on it.

ReputationRep:
    Given the first thing you say about yourself if 'I am a Christian' I think in all likelihood you will end up seriously dating only a fellow Christian, which makes the question slightly redundant. No sex before marriage in non-religious circles is rather unusual nowadays - it's frightfully old-fashioned.
    • Very Important Poster

Yes its perfectly fine. You should be upfront about it early on.If someone dates you knowing this but is unhappy then he isnt respecting your choice. he shouldnt be dating you in the first place.

Date? If I thought you had major potential.
    Dump? Suely it would only be a few dates in before he realised about your faith etc. Depens how much potential I thought you had. Sex is important for many people.

ReputationRep:

I am going to be brutally honest here. If I were considering going for a date with you and then found out this, I would ask myself (not you, that would be rude), "who is she saving it for, God?" Sorry!

You have one thing big going for you, you are a virgin. Men like that if they are going to be doing the deflowering.

But you have an even bigger thing NOT going for you vis a vis dating. You don't put out. Men don't like that.

Find a romantic partner in your church. I don't think you will find any atheists with the patience to take you on.

I know that doesn't sound nice, but I am just being honest here, and you did ask!.

ReputationRep:
    I physically cannot comprehend how the no sex before marriage thing even matters as the value of marriage is also lost on me, so I'd probably have to not date ya just cause your views would be too alien to me.

ReputationRep:
    TK_23 read this thread my dear.

ReputationRep:
    Can't see it working out. Why not become a little more sinful?

ReputationRep:
    Only if you were someone worth getting married to, if you weren't then no

ReputationRep:

I guess if it was a guy I really liked then I would respect it but I'd still need a level of intimacy

ReputationRep:

No problem with dat. If a guy loves you, he'd wait till you're ready. Intimacy is more than just sex, it's love and respect.

I got more problems with your religion. I don't my future kids to grow up with twisted ideas and views of people who are different to them, and don't want them wearing 'modest' clothing and think its ok to hate/kill non-believers or harass women for having abortions.

ReputationRep:
    I would be fine with this, but every time you say no to sex, I get to cheat.

ReputationRep:
    I'd respect your decision by not pressuring you into sex at all. But then I would dump you because I don't respect your old-fashioned and non-sensical values.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.