The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Film, Television and Digital Production Royal Holloway 2017

I noticed there isn't a discussion for this yet.

I went to the applicant day today (21/01/17) and the theoretical lecture was very interesting and the practical tour was also very cool. I think my interview went well, going to wait for a reply now.

So is anyone applying for this course to start in 2017? What are your opinions on the course and Royal Holloway as a university? What other unis are you applying for?
Original post by raleks
I noticed there isn't a discussion for this yet.

I went to the applicant day today (21/01/17) and the theoretical lecture was very interesting and the practical tour was also very cool. I think my interview went well, going to wait for a reply now.

So is anyone applying for this course to start in 2017? What are your opinions on the course and Royal Holloway as a university? What other unis are you applying for?

Hi! i didn't go to that applicant day as i was offered one back in december. i got an unconditional offer and just firmed them start of this year. my two other main choices were goldsmiths and york. hoping to get to know more people starting FTDP this september :smile:
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by penguininspace
Hi! i didn't go to that applicant day as i was offered one back in december. i got an unconditional offer and just firmed them start of this year. my two other main choices were goldsmiths and york. hoping to get to know more people starting FTDP this september :smile:

That's great congrats! I also applied to York and I am going to firm it woth RH as my insurance.
Original post by raleks
That's great congrats! I also applied to York and I am going to firm it woth RH as my insurance.

ahh, nice. have you already had your York interview? i was meant to have mine this month but obviously i've already firmed RH. how was it? :redface:
Reply 4
ahh, nice. have you already had your York interview? i was meant to have mine this month but obviously i've already firmed RH. how was it? :redface:

Yes I had my interview back in November and it was great! I love the uni and the course so much. I love RH too but the only thing that is keeping me back is that it is 20 minutes from my house and I want to go a bit further to explore 😅 If you had a conditional from RH would you still firm it?
Reply 5
Hey, got my interview on 11th Feb.

How tough was the interview? How much did you need in your portfolio? What are you supposed to wear? I'm stressing out a little :P

Reply 6
Don't stress it's a really good day. Wear something smart but no full suit is needed. As for the portfolio I brought quite a lot- my old art work, mood boards and my media coursework but you don't need that much. Good luck you'll be fine!
Reply 7
Thanks very much! One last question - was it a group interview?
Reply 8
Original post by rhiwiwtg
Thanks very much! One last question - was it a group interview?

No the interviews were one on one but the talk and the activities were grouped
Original post by raleks
Yes I had my interview back in November and it was great! I love the uni and the course so much. I love RH too but the only thing that is keeping me back is that it is 20 minutes from my house and I want to go a bit further to explore 😅 If you had a conditional from RH would you still firm it?

ahh, that's good to hear. York does seem like such an amazing uni. and, honestly, if they had given me a conditional, i would've just chosen between RH and Goldsmiths. RH is closer to my house, probably round half an hour, but I will still be living in halls anyway. what really sold me to RH is the 50/50 theory and practical split of the course. also the fact that it's a smaller community, in contrast to the other uni's i applied to like York, is a plus (for me anyway haha) :smile:

How tough was the interview? How much did you need in your portfolio? What are you supposed to wear? I'm stressing out a little :P

don't stress out! tbh, the interview just solidified how i wanted to go to RHUL. they were one to ones, so i guess the overall mood of the interview depends on who you get. but from based on every occasion i've met with the media arts department, they were all really nice. the portfolio i showed were on a usb and varied from short films, graphic design work and some writing i've done (screenplays, articles kinda thing). it's so cliche and gross but just relax and be yourself! same goes for the outfit. good luck for your interview, hope you get the offer you want :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 11
don't stress out! tbh, the interview just solidified how i wanted to go to RHUL. they were one to ones, so i guess the overall mood of the interview depends on who you get. but from based on every occasion i've met with the media arts department, they were all really nice. the portfolio i showed were on a usb and varied from short films, graphic design work and some writing i've done (screenplays, articles kinda thing). it's so cliche and gross but just relax and be yourself! same goes for the outfit. good luck for your interview, hope you get the offer you want :smile:

Thank you so much!

how was the applicant day on the 11th?! hope all was well! :smile:
Reply 13
how was the applicant day on the 11th?! hope all was well! :smile:

Thanks for asking! Much better than I expected and I got the offer I was hoping for. Already firmed them! I hope your exams go well and maybe we'll unknowingly meet each other later this year :P
Thanks for asking! Much better than I expected and I got the offer I was hoping for. Already firmed them! I hope your exams go well and maybe we'll unknowingly meet each other later this year :P

ahh that's good to here! who did you get for the interview? i accepted their unconditional offer so (unless it goes ridiculously wrong for me in the exams) i'm most certainly going to roho haha. wishing you all the best for the exams as well! :smile:
Reply 15
ahh that's good to here! who did you get for the interview? i accepted their unconditional offer so (unless it goes ridiculously wrong for me in the exams) i'm most certainly going to roho haha. wishing you all the best for the exams as well! :smile:

Sorry for the late reply :P Can't remeber who gave the interview lol ^^ It must take the pressure off a bit having an unconditional!

Quick Reply

Latest