The Student Room Group

Tips on how to get an A in edexcel French at GCSE (HELP)

Basically im in year 11 and my exam for reading and listening is on 16th May 2017. I really want a A in french but the only problem is our teacher. She really cant teach and cannot control the class at all and there is no other french teacher in a faculty. I have two A* for my writing control assessments and two A for speaking control assessments. I have 40% to go and 20% is listening and 20% is writing. Please could you give me tips on how to get an A in french and how to do good in the reading and listening.Thanks for your time!
I did aqa French last year, I know it's not the same board but I feel like these are general, helpful tips! Basically, do every single past paper and do them all again! I think I completed every past paper at least twice, I also made flashcards. For words I could never remember I would stick them around my room -lame but helpful- and go over them every time I walked past! I also did vocab tests in class which I would take home and get my mum or dad to test me on. Since GCSE has a big focus on vocabulary just try and learn as many words as you possibly can. To help with listening I used to listen to the French news on YouTube every morning whilst getting ready for school as it's spoken really fast it helps if you can learn to pick information/ words from it. As the listening in the actual exam is spoken much slower! And that's about it really🙂 Bonne chance😉

Quick Reply

Latest