UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

London college of fashion application 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Kagiaa
Ikr! I'm trying to get tons of work done ready for it!
Yeah I hope so too haha. Does it? I have only seen a couple of photos.
Thank you! You'll have to tell us all how the interview went and what they asked! What course did you apply for?

Hey! so I took a sketchbook of studio work (fine art, portraiture and fashion), my final major project book (based around flowers and lots of experimentation and 2 essays) and a book of professionally printed photos (about 25 images) which had a range of work.

There was about 6 other people applying for Fashion Photography on the 9am slot today. Had a chat with them then had a 20-30min interview and look at my work with the 2 tutors.

They were absolutely lovely! They looked through my 3 books and commented on some of my images (mentioned that I had quite a range of stuff in there and suggesting LCC may be something to consider too. I explained as I would be an older student this is something I've considered for a while and have some work experience with (so hope that helps! lol).

They liked my work and thought my my technical skills were great. They asked if I had any written pieces to show, asked what inspires me if I had an editorial to shoot, and what I've been doing for the past few years. They said it should take about 2 weeks to receive a response!

So now the wait continues! However I have another Interview tomorrow for Photography at The Cass. I just want a break now lol, but will see how that goes.

Let me know how it goes with you!
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 121
Original post by paige458
i honestly thought they all took place during next week but we'll have to see i guess. Kind of hoping for the best right now. Good luck for you interview!

Have you heard anything yet?
Reply 122
Hey guys,
I had an interview for fashion design:womenswear yesterday (21st feb). Firstly; did anyone else have one / how did it go, secondly, what's the ratio of interviews to acceptance?!
Original post by zoëpym
Hey guys,
I had an interview for fashion design:womenswear yesterday (21st feb). Firstly; did anyone else have one / how did it go, secondly, what's the ratio of interviews to acceptance?!

Hiii, I had my interview yesterday (21st) for creative derection and I think it was good.. but who knows if they think the same ahaha (I hope so!).. I have another interview today for Westminster Uni but LCF is my first choice so cross fingers!!! Did they tell you when they will give us a rescponae? I think we should know it about beginning of the March no?
Reply 124
Original post by eveanna
Hey! so I took a sketchbook of studio work (fine art, portraiture and fashion), my final major project book (based around flowers and lots of experimentation and 2 essays) and a book of professionally printed photos (about 25 images) which had a range of work.

There was about 6 other people applying for Fashion Photography on the 9am slot today. Had a chat with them then had a 20-30min interview and look at my work with the 2 tutors.

They were absolutely lovely! They looked through my 3 books and commented on some of my images (mentioned that I had quite a range of stuff in there and suggesting LCC may be something to consider too. I explained as I would be an older student this is something I've considered for a while and have some work experience with (so hope that helps! lol).

They liked my work and thought my my technical skills were great. They asked if I had any written pieces to show, asked what inspires me if I had an editorial to shoot, and what I've been doing for the past few years. They said it should take about 2 weeks to receive a response!

So now the wait continues! However I have another Interview tomorrow for Photography at The Cass. I just want a break now lol, but will see how that goes.

Let me know how it goes with you!

Ahh it sounds like it went well for you! Let's hope they thought so too I'm sure you will get the offer. Good luck, now it's the waiting game.

From reading your message it's made me feel a little better! I hope that when I have my interview the tutors are nice ☺.

From you saying you're an older student, I'm not tbh however I could of gone uni last year but I changed from another course so I feel like it was better for me as I could gain more experience. I think I will explain how I knew that fashion was for me about a year ago as that's when I first discovered makeup for fashion so I've had my heart set on it for a little longer than some people possibly?

I have 5 books but only one is a full book which is my portfolio so I think it's fine haha 🙈

Ah good luck for today! My interview is at 1:30pm today for me.
Reply 125
Ahh I'm sure you did good!! Good luck today! No I have no clue, I assume beginning of March too as all Unis have to have made a decision by then. Also, how long did your interview at LCF last??
Original post by hana_1234
Hiii, I had my interview yesterday (21st) for creative derection and I think it was good.. but who knows if they think the same ahaha (I hope so!).. I have another interview today for Westminster Uni but LCF is my first choice so cross fingers!!! Did they tell you when they will give us a rescponae? I think we should know it about beginning of the March no?
Reply 126
Original post by eveanna
Have you heard anything yet?

No, I don't think I am unfortunately. Trying to not to think about it too much because I wanted it so bad. Just don't think my work was good enough for them
Original post by zoëpym
Ahh I'm sure you did good!! Good luck today! No I have no clue, I assume beginning of March too as all Unis have to have made a decision by then. Also, how long did your interview at LCF last??

I have no idea, really!!! Maybe abou 10-15 minutes? Ahahh

I don't like this waiting! I am trying to think about something else but it's so hard ammmmm!!!
Reply 128
Mine went on for a goos 40minutes and I have no idea how or why/whether that's a good thing or not lol :frown: yeah neither, it's really grindin me gears waiting to hear
I have no idea, really!!! Maybe abou 10-15 minutes? Ahahh

I don't like this waiting! I am trying to think about something else but it's so hard ammmmm!!!
Original post by zoëpym
Mine went on for a goos 40minutes and I have no idea how or why/whether that's a good thing or not lol :frown: yeah neither, it's really grindin me gears waiting to hear

And what do you think? Was it good? What have you applied? And what did you do there for 40 minutes hahaa ??
Reply 130
I really don't know, one lady seemed interested and the other was kind of indirectly implying I do a foundation year, but then idk why they'd call me back for an interview if they wanted a foundation year, I dunno I'm confused!! I applied for womenswear!
And what do you think? Was it good? What have you applied? And what did you do there for 40 minutes hahaa ??
Hi ! So I've had an interview for knit and embroidery on the 20 and I'm wondering if somebody heard anything back yet ? It's still early but I'm just so nervous !
Original post by zoëpym
I really don't know, one lady seemed interested and the other was kind of indirectly implying I do a foundation year, but then idk why they'd call me back for an interview if they wanted a foundation year, I dunno I'm confused!! I applied for womenswear!

Ouu I understand! I would be totally confused too.. I think you probably have good work otherwise they wouldn't look at it for 40 minutes ahha don't you think?
Original post by Royalhold'em
Hi ! So I've had an interview for knit and embroidery on the 20 and I'm wondering if somebody heard anything back yet ? It's still early but I'm just so nervous !

Anything yet. I think it's too early. In email is written the begging of March we should know.
Reply 134
Original post by Kagiaa
Ahh it sounds like it went well for you! Let's hope they thought so too I'm sure you will get the offer. Good luck, now it's the waiting game.

From reading your message it's made me feel a little better! I hope that when I have my interview the tutors are nice ☺.

From you saying you're an older student, I'm not tbh however I could of gone uni last year but I changed from another course so I feel like it was better for me as I could gain more experience. I think I will explain how I knew that fashion was for me about a year ago as that's when I first discovered makeup for fashion so I've had my heart set on it for a little longer than some people possibly?

I have 5 books but only one is a full book which is my portfolio so I think it's fine haha 🙈

Ah good luck for today! My interview is at 1:30pm today for me.

Fingers crossed! haha

How did your interview go?? were the tutors nice etc? :smile:
Reply 135
Yeah I guess! Still unsure tho, we shall seeeeeee
Ouu I understand! I would be totally confused too.. I think you probably have good work otherwise they wouldn't look at it for 40 minutes ahha don't you think?
Reply 136
Original post by eveanna
Fingers crossed! haha

How did your interview go?? were the tutors nice etc? :smile:

Just seen this!
Yes it went well I thought after it and the tutors were nice yes.
I actually got a call today from lcf to say I have a place on the course so I'm very happy!!
Will get an email and it through ucas soon to find out about all the details and offer day
Original post by Kagiaa
Just seen this!
Yes it went well I thought after it and the tutors were nice yes.
I actually got a call today from lcf to say I have a place on the course so I'm very happy!!
Will get an email and it through ucas soon to find out about all the details and offer day

Congratulations! And what course have you applied? :smile:
Reply 138
Congratulations! And what course have you applied? :smile:

BA (Hons) hair and makeup for fashion at lcf!
Original post by paige458
No, I don't think I am unfortunately. Trying to not to think about it too much because I wanted it so bad. Just don't think my work was good enough for them

Hi hun, idk if this is any help but i was in the same position as you, so i emailed and was told i'd actually been offered an interview.. but there was something wrong with the system on my Track so i'd never received the invite. anyway, the interview would have been this week so i missed it. i phoned up and admissions told me that next week they are sending out more interviews to take place in March. I'd advise you to phone up next week and ask what the situation is xxx

Quick Reply

Latest