Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkcactus)
    I'm from Epsom in Surrey, it only takes just over an hour to get to Shepards Bush, but I want to move because I don't want to commute like over 2 hours a day. Where do you live in London? I haven't really heard may positive reviews either, but the reviews are just based on the area, the halls look nice inside and there is a big studio to work in. Im going to live in the halls because it will be a nice place to meet more people and have a good uni experience.
    I'm in the same situation accept I'm from Salisbury so it's more like 2 hours to get there! I really want to move into halls somewhere central that aren't TOO far from the Lime Grove site. Perhaps somewhere more lively than the Costume Store in North Acton though :s There's one near Brick Lane that looks really good? But the further away from The Costume Store I worry there won't be many LCF students? but maybe a good social life to meet friends etc would be better nearer central. Do you know where else you're looking? I think Don Gratton, Sketch House and The Costume store will be where I look. Assuming I get into Fashion Styling and Production lol.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back from fashion design technology womanswear or design and development? I'm hoping no news is good news! Fingers crossed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anniechr)
    I'm in the same situation accept I'm from Salisbury so it's more like 2 hours to get there! I really want to move into halls somewhere central that aren't TOO far from the Lime Grove site. Perhaps somewhere more lively than the Costume Store in North Acton though :s There's one near Brick Lane that looks really good? But the further away from The Costume Store I worry there won't be many LCF students? but maybe a good social life to meet friends etc would be better nearer central. Do you know where else you're looking? I think Don Gratton, Sketch House and The Costume store will be where I look. Assuming I get into Fashion Styling and Production lol.
    Yeah I'm also looking at Don Gratton and the Sketch House, I love the locations because they are both at the centre. But I still think that The costume store is going to be my first choice because for the first year I would prefer to be closer to Lime Grove, and it is going to be filled with mostly LCF students. Except from North Acton not being a very nice area, I still think that location is very good. It is only 3 stops to Shepard's Bush and I think 7 from Oxford street. But I agree with you I would prefer to be in a lively area so I'm really torn at the moment ! Have you gone to visit any of the Halls of Residents yet ? I think I'm going to go to the open day on the 11th march.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm also looking at Don Gratton and the Sketch House, I love the locations because they are both at the centre. But I still think that The costume store is going to be my first choice because for the first year I would prefer to be closer to Lime Grove, and it is going to be filled with mostly LCF students. Except from North Acton not being a very nice area, I still think that location is very good. It is only 3 stops to Shepard's Bush and I think 7 from Oxford street. But I agree with you I would prefer to be in a lively area so I'm really torn at the moment ! Have you gone to visit any of the Halls of Residents yet ? I think I'm going to go to the open day on the 11th march.
    After I posted this I did lots of research - apparently it's honestly AWFUL at the costume store. It's apparently actually very poor quality (despite the pictures) overpriced and if anything breaks you are completely left for weeks to suffer with no water or whatever it is that they've ignored. Also it's a nightmare place to live as you're so secluded from everything - there's no nearby social life and nights out would cost a fortune in traveling - it has the worst halls reviews/ratings out of them all! Alongside all of that; it seems to be very unfriendly - most of the reviews say how lonely you feel there as no one makes effort to talk/everyone sticks in language groups. I've actually stayed in the halls opposite it 3 years ago for an access course at LCF I did and knew a girl there who hated it and I saw this all for myself. Someone wrote that it's painfully unfriendly and mainly "rich daddy girls from overseas who don't have manners and don't intend to get to know you" which sounds harsh and hugely generalising but from what I saw, it's likely true. Another person said they spent more time trying to leave their contract at the costume store in their first year than actually doing uni work. From the reviews I've seen from all over - it actually sounds awful?! but then on here it seems loads of people still put it down?! So surely there must be people there who are nice and want a social life lol so I just don't understand how it's all so awful in the reviews etc. I think for the first year in terms of class it's actually the least amount of time inside the uni - They told me 2/3 days a week so I'd rather travel 30-40 mins on the tube and live somewhere buzzing and exciting with people who interact and make good groups etc and go out and explore London. Apparently that's what it's like at 1) Will Wyatt, about 15 mins from central London and 35 minutes to Lime Grove. It's the best location as it's in Shoreditch! Night life, places to go, things to do etc2) Don Gratton is about the same as above just a slightly bit further by 5 mins or so. Still that type of area which is all so much better than awful/dead North Acton where the costume store is.3) Sketch house - its 20 mins tube? to central London (like where the UAL library is Oxford Circus area) and 38 mins to the Lime Grove site. It is nearish Camden compared to the other two, and all the places above, just again slightly further out than the first two and the immediate surrounding area isn't as nice as the others - but all 3 are central compared to The Costume Store.If I get in, I will put my halls options down in this order I think. I honestly don't think I'm even going to consider the costume store after all the research I've done on how isolating and how depressing it's supposed to be there. Also - I feared that was the only place I'd meet LCF students but because lots of people now know how bad it is at The Costume Store, soooo many LCF students are at these other places! Along with lots of other students from UAL who are probably going to be all after the "uni" experience!

ReputationRep:
    I applied and sent off my mini portfolio in January for the ba hair and makeup for fashion course at lcf but havnt heard anything since. I wasn't too worried but after reading all of this I feel like I should be 😕

ReputationRep:
    Hey, looking for some management applicants (or others who will study in high holborne) to discuss the highline building and possible other options ... in addition I would like to know if anyone is doing the presessionals ? Kisses xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frederike.e)
    Hey, looking for some management applicants (or others who will study in high holborne) to discuss the highline building and possible other options ... in addition I would like to know if anyone is doing the presessionals ? Kisses xx
    HI, I'll study fashion marketing at High Holborn. Add me on Facebook (Weronika Iglewska same profile pucybutem) or DM on Instagram (@weronikaiglewska)and we can chat

ReputationRep:
    I had an interview for the BA Makeup for Fashion course at LCF last week. I rang up yesterday and I got accepted!! My UCAS was updated this morning, I'm over the moon!

If you're getting impatient with waiting to hear back, just give them a quick call.

ReputationRep:
    I called london and it turns out my application is still being reviewed which is why i haven't heard anything back and that i should get a reply by next week. im so scared 😢😢 my other uni's accommodation is already opening on the 8th of March

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paige458)
    I called london and it turns out my application is still being reviewed which is why i haven't heard anything back and that i should get a reply by next week. im so scared 😢😢 my other uni's accommodation is already opening on the 8th of March
    Least they're still considering you?? Have you had an interview yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eveanna)
    Least they're still considering you?? Have you had an interview yet?
    no not yet thats what im waiting to hear back for. apparently theres another interview week in march

ReputationRep:
    Anymore people heard back from fashion design technology womanswear yet? Starting to get worried

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kagiaa)
    I'm looking into the sketch house as I don't mind travelling. Closer to city centre and have shops around the accommodation and I was there that day!
    Was wearing a multi coloured fur coat haha.
    I'm looking at sketch house too! Hopefully doing fashion marketing

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going to the visit day for LCF this Saturday ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ella E Annable)
    Anyone going to the visit day for LCF this Saturday ??
    I am 😇

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going the offer day on the 25th at lime grove?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kagiaa)
    Anyone going the offer day on the 25th at lime grove?
    I'm thinking of going! But I have an interview at CSM on the Wednesday of the same week and I'm from Northern Ireland so don't know how to convince my parents to fund it hahaha

ReputationRep:
    Hi, so they seat everyone in a group with the other applicants for the degree they are being interviewed for. For creative direction for fashion there where 8 of us in a circle. We just chatted for a while until we got called for our interview. I was interviewed by two course leaders, it was really casual and friendly. They start by asking set questions like why have you chosen this course and what inspires you ... Then they look at your portfolio, I don't think they where too bothered, they seemed more interested in your ideas. Then we sat down again and had a chat just about the course, then I asked a couple of questions. It isn't scary at all, sometimes they asked odd questions. Overall the interview was just a chat so they could learn more about you, it only lasted like 10-15 mins.
    Great thank you! What odd questions do they ask? And which ideas are they interested in?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys Ive applied for LCF Design and Technology Menswear, had an interview on the 22nd of Feb and received and unconditional offer a week after which im thrilled as this is my first choice so I am excited to be studying at LCF! I got the email for the offer at like 4am which everyone says theres a pattern that UAL does. Its that if you receive an email at early as 4am then that means you have recieved an offer. If you got one between 7&8am then its a rejection and in afternoon like 12pm its a alternative course. I'm not sure how true it is but I've seen it on many posts about it.

Also to the people waiting for Womenswear, my friend received an offer a day after me for womenswear, but there are 2 of my other mates that are still waiting so I'm not sure if they're still considering or they're just prolonging. But dont worry about it as youre not the only one!

For accommodation I am thinking Sketch house or Will Wyatt I've been to sketch house plenty of times as my friend is on the CSM foundation course, so I've been inside and I do love it in there, its refurbished and I love the layout too, its just the distance but I'm not that fussed and I have yet to see will wyatt tho but people on UAL said its really nice in there so im still sort of deciding haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kalayahsmith)
    Hey guys Ive applied for LCF Design and Technology Menswear, had an interview on the 22nd of Feb and received and unconditional offer a week after which im thrilled as this is my first choice so I am excited to be studying at LCF! I got the email for the offer at like 4am which everyone says theres a pattern that UAL does. Its that if you receive an email at early as 4am then that means you have recieved an offer. If you got one between 7&8am then its a rejection and in afternoon like 12pm its a alternative course. I'm not sure how true it is but I've seen it on many posts about it.

Also to the people waiting for Womenswear, my friend received an offer a day after me for womenswear, but there are 2 of my other mates that are still waiting so I'm not sure if they're still considering or they're just prolonging. But dont worry about it as youre not the only one!

For accommodation I am thinking Sketch house or Will Wyatt I've been to sketch house plenty of times as my friend is on the CSM foundation course, so I've been inside and I do love it in there, its refurbished and I love the layout too, its just the distance but I'm not that fussed and I have yet to see will wyatt tho but people on UAL said its really nice in there so im still sort of deciding haha.
    I had my interview for menswear on the 22nd of February also and still haven't heard back as of yet, don't know how to take it, as a positive or negative?

We must of been in the same circle on 22nd as well, congrats on the offer!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    University of the Arts London resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.