Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I've applied at NTU to do Law and am strongly considering putting it as my firm but I have a couple of questions which would be great if someone could answer:

1) What is the city like ?
    2) How are the uni facilities ?
    3) Is there a good student union ?
    4) What is the nightlife like ?
    5) how is it finding part-time jobs ?
    6) if anyone does law, do you enjoy the course ?
    7) how are the lectures?
    8) would it be hard to fit in if I am an European student?

Thankyou x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andreeaflo)
    Hi
    I've applied at NTU to do Law and am strongly considering putting it as my firm but I have a couple of questions which would be great if someone could answer:

7) how are the lectures?

Thankyou x
    Hi, I am currently studying business and in my final year at Nottingham Trent University and these answers are based from my experiences from my course!
    1) What is the city like ? - this city is a good size and it is very student populated. It has all of the different shops that you are going to need.
    2) How are the uni facilities ? - the uni facilities are good and they are always looking for recommendations to make to improve them for the students. They are very modern and up to date. The library is a good size and has plenty of computers to use.
    3) Is there a good student union ? The SU won the NUS students union of the year award in 2015. It is very new and has good facilities in there.
    4) What is the nightlife like ? - night life is very good, there are loads of events throughout the week that are student nights so there is always something on. Also most of the clubs in nottingham are good as well.
    5) how is it finding part-time jobs ? - as it is bang in the city centre that are loads of different businesses that could offer jobs. Also the uni run a jobshop which helps students to find part time jobs whilst they are studying.
    6) if anyone does law, do you enjoy the course ? N/A
    7) how are the lectures? N/A
    8) would it be hard to fit in if I am an European student? - Nottingham trent have a lot of international students so a European students would definitely fit in.

If would advise visiting for an open day to get a real insight into the university and the city life. I really enjoy it! If you have any further questions, then just let me know.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Hi

7) how are the lectures?

Thankyou x
    Hey I'm an international student and have an offer for international law thinking off putting NTU as my firm as it offers the best course compared to Cardiff and Brunel, have you made a decision ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theshortdude)
    Hey I'm an international student and have an offer for international law thinking off putting NTU as my firm as it offers the best course compared to Cardiff and Brunel, have you made a decision ?
    After some thinking, I decided to put NTU as my firm choice and Keele as my insurance. How about you? Have you come to a decision yet?

ReputationRep:
    After some thinking, I decided to put NTU as my firm choice and Keele as my insurance. How about you? Have you come to a decision yet?
    Yes I've decided to put NTU as my firm choice and Brunel as my insurance choice
    Have you made any decision on accommodation I've been thinking about Byron or Sandby they look the best you ?

ReputationRep:
    Yes I've decided to put NTU as my firm choice and Brunel as my insurance choice
    Have you made any decision on accommodation I've been thinking about Byron or Sandby they look the best you ?
    I'm thinking of The Maltings or Meridian Court. They're cheaper and they also look good.

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of The Maltings or Meridian Court. They're cheaper and they also look good.
    Yeah they do , I'm really excited for uni just waiting for exams to get over and results to come in just want to get everything over with

ReputationRep:
    Yeah they do , I'm really excited for uni just waiting for exams to get over and results to come in just want to get everything over with
    I know. I can't wait either. But I have my exams in June, so I have to wait till then.

ReputationRep:
    I know. I can't wait either. But I have my exams in June, so I have to wait till then.
    Ahh good luck my results are in June

ReputationRep:
    Ahh good luck my results are in June
    Good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to you too!
    Thank you 😁 , so where are you from Europe?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you 😁 , so where are you from Europe?
    Romania. You?

ReputationRep:
    Romania. You?
    I'm half Indian and half Bahraini

ReputationRep:
    I'm half Indian and half Bahraini
    Interesting. What made you to consider studying in UK?

ReputationRep:
    Interesting. What made you to consider studying in UK?
    The law degree is quicker and much more well regarded around the world , what about you ?

ReputationRep:
    The law degree is quicker and much more well regarded around the world , what about you ?
    The same. Plus there are more opportunities than in my country.

ReputationRep:
    The same. Plus there are more opportunities than in my country.
    Ahh nice are you planning a year abroad like in year 3 of the degree ?

ReputationRep:
    I study at NTU so if you have any questions feel free to ask

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FATMANNOLONGER)
    I study at NTU so if you have any questions feel free to ask
    Hey do you study law if you do how's the course ? The teachers ? How's life at NTU ? Which hall is the best according to you ? What about the night life ? Ps .sorry about all the questions

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.