Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theshortdude)
    Hey do you study law if you do how's the course ? The teachers ? How's life at NTU ? Which hall is the best according to you ? What about the night life ? Ps .sorry about all the questions
    Hey I am studying Biochemistry sorry however I have heard about the Law course and they combine a lot of practical experience in the course which you may find useful i.e. pro bono cases.

The lecturers in general are quite good, a lot of them are from abroad however and so sometimes communication may be difficult especially in lectures it can be hard to understand sometimes, however if you listen intently it should be fine in the end,

NTU is nice I live in a studio flat in the new halls however I have been to the city accommodation to visit friends and they are generally exactly the same in terms of the amenities.

To wash clothes btw it will cost you £2 and £1 to dry, just so you know lol.

Hmmm in my opinion after staying at uni halls myself I would say do not as it is very expensive to be honest like it will take almost all of your student loan.

Since you're doing law you'll be at city campus, I would suggest looking at a place called Cotton mills student accommodation they have rooms at 75 pounds per week! so you'll save a lot of money (shared kitchen) 10 minute tram ride to the university from there. As well there is another place if you'd like a studio flat instead called student lodge where you can get a genuinely nice flat to yourself with TV, oven, double bed etc. Can't remember the price but it was cheaper than where I am staying 157 per week lol on campus.

Btw you'll still meet as many people at these places as you will at the on campus accommodation.

The nightlife is excellent, clubbing etc every is very prevalent lol

Sorry if this is all jumbled up, I have an assignment due for Thursday so I have been working on it all night

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theshortdude)
    Ahh nice are you planning a year abroad like in year 3 of the degree ?
    I don't know for sure. But I would like to take a placement though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FATMANNOLONGER)
    I study at NTU so if you have any questions feel free to ask
    hey, i am really worried about staying in Notts because it's quite small and compact - i lived in Manchester for a while so am quite used to a big city which is well built and always has lots to do, do you think It will be hard to adjust in Nottingham?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fozboz)
    hey, i am really worried about staying in Notts because it's quite small and compact - i lived in Manchester for a while so am quite used to a big city which is well built and always has lots to do, do you think It will be hard to adjust in Nottingham?
    I am sure that you will be fine. One of my flat mates was from London and was used to central London. Even though she did find Nottingham very small and did prefer London, she did enjoy Nottingham and said that it was a very good student city.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.