Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey there!
    My name is lostplot and I'm not going to lie...but i am pretty much a lost plot :sadnod:. This year is that BIG year - the year I do my GCSEsalong with so many of you guys around the whole of the UK. Now I'm basically a C/Bstudent but really really to want to smash out withA/A*grades on the paper inside the brown envelope in August. I really do need some help inHOWto boost my grades, revision tips, techniques etc. I need help in achieving A/A*grades in Maths, English and Science:trytofly:. It doesn't really help with the fact that the new 9-1 grading system and news spec has been released for maths and english:woo:but we gotta do what we have to do...:work:I would really be grateful if anyone could help and i am full ready to cut out everything and dedicate my day and night to studying for these few months if needs be. :pinch: I need these GCSE grades since i do aspire to become a doctor in the future and i need to get into my college aswell. Honestly it would be of the greatest help if you could help this stressed human being and guide this lost plot :^_^:.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lostplot)
    Hey there!
    My name is lostplot and I'm not going to lie...but i am pretty much a lost plot :sadnod:. This year is that BIG year - the year I do my GCSEsalong with so many of you guys around the whole of the UK. Now I'm basically a C/Bstudent but really really to want to smash out withA/A*grades on the paper inside the brown envelope in August. I really do need some help inHOWto boost my grades, revision tips, techniques etc. I need help in achieving A/A*grades in Maths, English and Science:trytofly:. It doesn't really help with the fact that the new 9-1 grading system and news spec has been released for maths and english:woo:but we gotta do what we have to do...:work:I would really be grateful if anyone could help and i am full ready to cut out everything and dedicate my day and night to studying for these few months if needs be. :pinch: I need these GCSE grades since i do aspire to become a doctor in the future and i need to get into my college aswell. Honestly it would be of the greatest help if you could help this stressed human being and guide this lost plot :^_^:.
    For maths, get the school to lend you the textbook or even buy one. Then, at the library, learn the content in the book and then practice as many questions as you can from the textbook.

With the 9-1's I guess there aren't past papers but there are specimen papers available online, and a maths question is a maths question, so as long as you're familiar with the topics and difficulties that you will have in the exam (which comes with practice) there should be loads of questions to practice from.

There is no real special technique, it's just hard work for maths to be put in to practice questions and learn how to solve unseen problems and then you will be fine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lostplot)
    Hey there!
    With maths just do past questions , even if its from the old spec, practice is key for maths. Also do the specimen and make sure you know all the topics thoroughly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fleky6910)
    With maths just do past questions , even if its from the old spec, practice is key for maths. Also do the specimen and make sure you know all the topics thoroughly
    Thanks!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.