Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

HELP. Does crush like me back? or if not why behave this way? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm 100% sure the guy doesn't like me back, but he continuously looks at me when we pass each other, and I smile when we do- that's how he guessed I liked him btw. Ever since he found out and believe me he knows. I have been seeing him everywhere- the food area, hallways, common room, classrooms- and each time he always notices my presence. This lead to me naively thinking he may like me but...

He sometimes looks down to avoid my gaze and takes longer routes through school to avoid me. I then got the idea that he isn't interested and this was his way of expressing it, by this point i thought the silent gazes and lingering smiles was between us but...

He let his friends know as he nudges them and whispers something to them when I'm around, then laughing all when looking in my direction.

Whats confusing me is. He is confident and is slightly arrogant but never directly speaks to me- this is weird as we have kinda the same mutual friends who have no idea about our little whateveryouwanttocallit. When i'm with a group of friends or even with one he looks at me but rapidly looks away when eye contact is made, maybe he sees something he likes or is looking to see if i'm staring??

Guys help I'm at loss here, his friends know- mine don't- as they are friends and I don't want my feelings to get in the way of their friendship and maybe they won't believe me. He laughs but then stares, he points but then looks briefly. Whats it all mean?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    The only person who can tell you this is your crush.

All this analysing of behaviour is guesswork and quite frankly a waste of time. You're better off using your time to actually find out if he likes you by flirting or asking him out for a meal or drinks.

[QUOTE=Misspinkypoop;69698880]I'm 100% sure the guy doesn't like me back, but he continuously looks at me when we pass each other, and I smile when we do- that's how he guessed I liked him btw. Ever since he found out and believe me he knows. I have been seeing him everywhere- the food area, hallways, common room, classrooms- and each time he always notices my presence. This lead to me naively thinking he may like me but...

He sometimes looks down to avoid my gaze and takes longer routes through school to avoid me. I then got the idea that he isn't interested and this was his way of expressing it, by this point i thought the silent gazes and lingering smiles was between us but...

He let his friends know as he nudges them and whispers something to them when I'm around, then laughing all when looking in my direction.

Whats confusing me is. He is confident and is slightly arrogant but never directly speaks to me- this is weird as we have kinda the same mutual friends who have no idea about our little whateveryouwanttocallit. When i'm with a group of friends or even with one he looks at me but rapidly looks away when eye contact is made, maybe he sees something he likes or is looking to see if i'm staring??

Guys help I'm at loss here, his friends know- mine don't- as they are friends and I don't want my feelings to get in the way of their friendship and maybe they won't believe me. He laughs but then stares, he points but then looks briefly. Whats it all mean?

xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    The only person who can tell you this is your crush.

All this analysing of behaviour is guesswork and quite frankly a waste of time. You're better off using your time to actually find out if he likes you by flirting or asking him out for a meal or drinks.
    But he has already told his friends and me talking to him will just make me look like an utter plonker, believe me the whole school will know, he doesn't go for average girls like me.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 21, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.