Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How to improve my english? [AQA English (Lit and Lang) ] watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    I am really struggling with English (both Lit and Lang) finding even lessons hard but I need to get a grade 6 for the A-Level courses I want to do, any study/revison tips/resources anyone knows of that would help?
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    Bump.

I'd give advice, but dont particularly know myself
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    What do you struggle on? I study both at A Level so can provide some helpful advice :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Practise like hell, look up other students essays and with english literature ensure you're using P.E.E, embedding quotes, linking social class as well as for english language doing plans before the question and annotating your work, use youtube pbd lessons to help. Need any extra help just ask

ReputationRep:
    Know exactly what the question and the specification wants from you, devour the books you're required to study, look at critical essays related to the books and the concepts, and keep practicing. Also, refer to the exemplary essays provided by AQA to get an idea of the different standards of work, and try to emulate your writing style to fit your desired standard.

Remember, practice is key. Do all the past papers as many times as you can and keep improving them each time. GET FEEDBACK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    What do you struggle on? I study both at A Level so can provide some helpful advice :yes:
    I usually think I do well in the exams but always end up getting really low grades. My school is bringing in an AQA trained professional for a whole day workshop on Monday, so areas I am still not sure on I will ask you then! Thanks for offering to help me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sapphire8495)
    Practise like hell, look up other students essays and with english literature ensure you're using P.E.E, embedding quotes, linking social class as well as for english language doing plans before the question and annotating your work, use youtube pbd lessons to help. Need any extra help just ask
    Thanks, I will definitely do all the past papers, got the links from my teacher!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _howl)
    Know exactly what the question and the specification wants from you, devour the books you're required to study, look at critical essays related to the books and the concepts, and keep practicing. Also, refer to the exemplary essays provided by AQA to get an idea of the different standards of work, and try to emulate your writing style to fit your desired standard.

Remember, practice is key. Do all the past papers as many times as you can and keep improving them each time. GET FEEDBACK.
    Thanks, gonna do some past papers and re-read the texts we have studied
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Rleggett12)
    I usually think I do well in the exams but always end up getting really low grades. My school is bringing in an AQA trained professional for a whole day workshop on Monday, so areas I am still not sure on I will ask you then! Thanks for offering to help me!
    No problem at all. I used to be like this until I realised where I went wrong and it helped to know what I was up against, my PM's are always open if you want help!

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.