Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is this some form of rape?! Watch

I'd suggest that if you are under 18 don't read this please.

One evening my boyfriend and I went to bed and we were back quite late from a friend's party so we went to sleep straight away.

I woke up at around 4 o' clock in the morning because my boyfriend was rumaging around next to me. I felt a bit strange but I was too tired to notice.

Suddenly I noticed that his finger had gone under my pyjama bottoms and then into me. He was awake obviously so I told him to stop it but he didn't. When a couple of minutes had passed I didn't really mind.

However, would you say this is some form of rape? I know it's not the actual activity but surely it may be something similar. As at first he didn't have my consent to do it.

Is this a form of rape?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I told him to stop it but he didn't.

Is this a form of rape?
    No, sexual assaulted.

ReputationRep:

One evening my boyfriend and I went to bed and we were back quite late from a friend's party so we went to sleep straight away.

I woke up at around 4 o' clock in the morning because my boyfriend was rumaging around next to me. I felt a bit strange but I was too tired to notice.

Suddenly I noticed that his finger had gone under my pyjama bottoms and then into me. He was awake obviously so I told him to stop it but he didn't. When a couple of minutes had passed I didn't really mind.

However, would you say this is some form of rape? I know it's not the actual activity but surely it may be something similar. As at first he didn't have my consent to do it.

Is this a form of rape?
    Troll.

ReputationRep:

Is this a form of rape?
    Yes as you asked him to stop and he ignored your request. Speak to him about it and let him know how you feel.

ReputationRep:

Is this a form of rape?
    of course it is not rape - this is your boyfriend wanting to have intimate relations with you. This is what men do. My partner will frequently wakes me up at 4 in the morning for the same thing. You said yourself " you didn't really mind". Stop seeing a problem where there isn't

ReputationRep:
    Rape:
    unlawful sexual activity and usually sexual intercourse carried out forcibly or under threat of injury against the will usually of a female or with a person who is beneath a certain age or incapable of valid consent—compare sexual assault, statutory rape.

He performed a sexual activity on you while you were asleep so you were incapable of valid consent as you weren't fully conscious and didn't realise what what he was doing until you woke up.

Even when you woke up and you told him to stop he still said no.

Yes he raped you.

ReputationRep:

Is this a form of rape?
    no, there was no sexual intercourse

ReputationRep:
    You've got to be a troll right?

so I told him to stop it but he didn't.

Of course it's rape?

ReputationRep:
    Under English Law, rape needs to involve penetration with a penis. He didn't rape you, but sexually assaulted you.

ReputationRep:
    I would say it's a form of sexual assault.

Although in relationships, I would say it could potentially be a bit more "ambiguous" because some people would be OK with their partners touching them when they're asleep.

But if this made you uncomfortable, then I think you should speak to him about it and tell him not to do it again.

ReputationRep:
    When a couple of minutes had passed I didn't really mind.
    So after a while you seemed like you enjoyed it - so does that therefore class as rape? I don't think so.

Maybe sexual assault but then again you clearly are saying that after a few minutes you weren't complaining about it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xtwinkletoesx)
    So after a while you seemed like you enjoyed it - so does that therefore class as rape? I don't think so.

Maybe sexual assault but then again you clearly are saying that after a few minutes you weren't complaining about it...
    If she said no and he carried on regardless, then it's sexual assault at the very least, even if she stopped caring later.

ReputationRep:
    This is sexual assault.

Has he done anything to you similar to this before? Or was he just trying to have an intimate moment with you?

(Original post by georgiapullmanxx)
    This is sexual assault.

Has he done anything to you similar to this before? Or was he just trying to have an intimate moment with you?
    Hi.
    I am not really sure if he was trying to have an intimate moment with me or not because why would he want to approach me like that at 4 o clock in the morning? I personally don't believe in sex before marriage, due to religious beliefs, whereas he does so maybe that was a way for him to feel more "satisfied." (I HATE putting it like that).

And no I haven't noticed him doing anything similar to me before.

(Original post by 11huxleya)
    Yes as you asked him to stop and he ignored your request. Speak to him about it and let him know how you feel.
    Hey,
    I feel like I can't really bring this conversation up with him as it happened a few weeks ago, however it has been on my mind for a while

ReputationRep:
    It's definitely not rape as that requires penetration to be with a penis.

Sexual assault yes

ReputationRep:
    No because you said you didn't mind.

ReputationRep:
    Hi.
    I am not really sure if he was trying to have an intimate moment with me or not because why would he want to approach me like that at 4 o clock in the morning? I personally don't believe in sex before marriage, due to religious beliefs, whereas he does so maybe that was a way for him to feel more "satisfied." (I HATE putting it like that).

And no I haven't noticed him doing anything similar to me before.

Maybe he is doing that for himself to feel more satisfied. He could also have used it as an excuse to be more intimate as you can't make love properly, so he was trying to do that with you instead.

Although that doesn't explain why he didn't remove his finger from you when you asked and why he did it at four o clock in the morning

And if he hasn't done anything like this before to you then maybe it's not something to worry about majorly - unless he does something similar again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xtwinkletoesx)

Just because it feels good or makes the OP orgasm does NOT mean its not rape.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sameehaiqbal)
    Rape:
    unlawful sexual activity and usually sexual intercourse carried out forcibly or under threat of injury against the will usually of a female or with a person who is beneath a certain age or incapable of valid consent—compare sexual assault, statutory rape.

He performed a sexual activity on you while you were asleep so you were incapable of valid consent as you weren't fully conscious and didn't realise what what he was doing until you woke up.

Even when you woke up and you told him to stop he still said no.

Yes he raped you.
    i would suggest you check the defintions under UK law as this is a UK site .

the described incidient may constitute a sexual assualt under Uk law, it certainly does not constitute Rape under UK law

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.