Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Pride Toronto has no plans to backtrack on police parade ban. Watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.citynews.ca/2017/01/18/pr...ce-parade-ban/

**** this entire planet.

BLM has destroyed bridges with the gay community, all because they want to be the superior to the gay community.

Remember in the summer, during Toronto's pride event, BLM shut it down for 30 mins to "negotiate" - BLM eventually become an "honorary" member of the march.

BLM needs to be eliminated.

ReputationRep:
    They are ****ing stupid. Not much more need to be said.

ReputationRep:
    I'm struggling to see where BLM has suggested that it's superior to the gay community.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by knightchildish)
    I'm struggling to see where BLM has suggested that it's superior to the gay community.

The very fact they demanded to be at the front of the Toronto Pride parade indicates sanctimoniousness.

Pride should never have bowed to their demands.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CyclePath)
    The very fact they demanded to be at the front of the Toronto Pride parade indicates sanctimoniousness.

Pride should never have bowed to their demands.
    Where does it say this?

"“Obviously there’s mandatory police for security and things like that…but we just didn’t want police inside the parade itself,” he said. “We believe the police as an organization, as an institution, have been very homophobic and racist to the community members within Pride Toronto.”

That's what BLM has said. Stop talking complete rubbish.

This is fake news.

/thread

ReputationRep:
    Where does it say this?

"“Obviously there’s mandatory police for security and things like that…but we just didn’t want police inside the parade itself,” he said. “We believe the police as an organization, as an institution, have been very homophobic and racist to the community members within Pride Toronto.”

That's what BLM has said. Stop talking complete rubbish.

This is fake news.

/thread
    What about the gay, lesbian, transgender, queer, etc... police men and women who attend the rallies to show their support for the cause of equality?

My previous comment was referring to the summer Pride event held in Toronto in which Pride Toronto met BLM's demands.

Source: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...onto-1.3662823

BLM are finished.

ReputationRep:
    What about the gay, lesbian, transgender, queer, etc... police men and women who attend the rallies to show their support for the cause of equality?

My previous comment was referring to the summer Pride event held in Toronto in which Pride Toronto met BLM's demands.

Source: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...onto-1.3662823

BLM are finished.
    All that is required is for them to not appear in uniform.

BLM have made it abundantly clear that the reason for this is because in their opinion the police have been homophobic.

ReputationRep:

BLM have made it abundantly clear that the reason for this is because in their opinion the police have been homophobic.

That's the point, their opinion - an opinion which has been forced onto Pride, and which Pride has taken up the arse. BLM don't care about Pride or their event, all BLM care about is enforcing their backward and divisive agenda.

One only needs to read about the summer Pride event (which I've sourced) to acknowledge how militant BLM truly are.

ReputationRep:

But it's not BLM's parade. Last year they hijacked it and forced the organisers to remove the police department. Literally. The Toronto PD have had floats and a presence in the parade for years. They're there to represent LGBT police officers and the Toronto Police Department's support for the community.

But because BLM are anti-Police, they've essentially put themselves at the forefront and forced the organisers into removing them. They're being a bunch of total jackasses and bullies who only care about themselves.

ReputationRep:
    That's the point, their opinion - an opinion which has been forced onto Pride, and which Pride has taken up the arse. BLM don't care about Pride or their event, all BLM care about is enforcing their backward and divisive agenda.

One only needs to read about the summer Pride event (which I've sourced) to acknowledge how militant BLM truly are.
    This is just baseless assumptions. You're just making it up. Sorry, but this is fake news.

ReputationRep:
    This is just baseless assumptions. You're just making it up. Sorry, but this is fake news.

You're behaving like an infant.Either that, or you're a troll and deliberately acting like an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    Blm is a terrorist organisation

ReputationRep:
    You're behaving like an infant.Either that, or you're a troll and deliberately acting like an idiot.
    No, it's just your argument is fallacious so it is completely void. If you want to have a petty internet arguments that satisfies your need for confirmation bias then try 4chan.

ReputationRep:
    No, it's just your argument is fallacious so it is completely void. If you want to have a petty internet arguments that satisfies your need for confirmation bias then try 4chan.
    You have brought **** all to this debate, so it's rather ripe of you to claim that my arguments are unfounded.

All you've done so far is accuse the articles I've sent of being "fake news" LOL

ReputationRep:
    You have brought **** all to this debate, so it's rather ripe of you to claim that my arguments are unfounded.

All you've done so far is accuse the articles I've sent of being "fake news" LOL
    ahh yes keep crying. I've debunked your argument and proven that what you have said is fallacious hence it is void.

ReputationRep:
    ahh yes keep crying. I've debunked your argument and proven that what you have said is fallacious hence it is void.
    I've made my mind up, you're a troll.

ReputationRep:
    I've made my mind up, you're a troll.
    I'm guessing everyone who's won an argument is a troll, correct?

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing everyone who's won an argument is a troll, correct?
    Talk about tooting your own horn...

By all means, believe what you want to believe.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.citynews.ca/2017/01/18/pr...ce-parade-ban/

**** this entire planet.

BLM has destroyed bridges with the gay community, all because they want to be the superior to the gay community.

Remember in the summer, during Toronto's pride event, BLM shut it down for 30 mins to "negotiate" - BLM eventually become an "honorary" member of the march.

BLM needs to be eliminated.
    This is completely disgraceful. They're basically saying that all police officers are scum.

By tradition the LGBT police have taken part in Pride (as do the armed services) and this is part of expressing their solidarity and (for the LGBT police and military) their own liberty and sexuality.

The LGBT community has managed to achieve their goals by integration, by being everyone's next door neighbour, or best mate, or brother... everyone knows a gay person, and by simply being normal, boring, decent people the population has come to accept us.

By contrast, BLM seeks to divide and stir up hatred. I particularly abhor their attacking the entire police community, this is disgraceful.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds pretty fascist to me.

That's ********. BLM are not doing this to "protect" the gay community, they are doing it to force their hardline anti-police ideology down the throats of an LGBT community that seeks harmonious relations between the heterosexual and other orientations, not a state of constant conflict as BLM clearly seeks.

BLM have chants like "Death to the police scum". Their politics are clear, to then turn around and claim this is out of some spurious concern for police homophobia (whereas the Toronto Police have engaged very well with the community) is a bald-faced lie. This is about racial politics, not LGBT rights.

Pride disgraced themselves to bow to these extremist demands, and I feel terrible for those LGBT police officers who are being forced to hide their profession in order to pander to BLM extremists.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 21, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.