Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Wth even is Tinder & OkCupid these days? Watch

I've noticed a huge trend lately, and it's not just me but some of my friends have experienced the following.

• Girls messaging you, then disappearing of the face of the earth.
    • Girls talking extensively then blocking you for no apparent reason.
    • Girls swiping you, but then ignoring you completely then un-swiping.

Not a dig at women in general, but seriously take a leaf out of my book. I've tried clubs, work, bars, social events, meeting people on the street (This is weird by the way) and online crap. 99/100 of the people I meet are complete and utter weirdos, and do random things.

The other one is, I've dated girls who call me the nice guy. Then go date the normal good looking, short on the sides, long on top, muscles and complain "No nice guys"....

ReputationRep:
    Yup.

And trust, being one of the good looking, short on the sides long on top, muscles guys doesn't help. I'm that -and- a nice guy. Doesn't help you avoid ****ing woo-woos. They're settling for those guys though as they make less demands and generally are seen as a less risky investment. Might not lead to love, but they won't be crazy either.

I think really though standards are the issue. I get bored of folk easily. There are **** loads of decent looking, mostly mentally healthy girls out there but I don't like 'em because they bore me.

But aye. There's so many weirdos and I don't get it. Until I started actively dating a lot and trying to find someone I really clicked with I didn't realise how ****ing weird people are.

Just no common sense, lack of empathy, no ambition or imagination. Bah.

ReputationRep:
    tinder is **** :lol: but it could be worse.
    even if you match with an attractive girl, she'll 9 times out of 10 have *nothing* on her profile
    so you'll be stuck to say something like "hey...err...nice shirt..." and get rightly blanked
    only rarely is there a situation where either you're talked to first or you have something to talk about to *them* first
    sometimes girls are even worse than this:
    once, only about a week ago, a girl messaged me first saying "hey! you like all the same things I do [it was a list of all the stuff we had in common via my profile] are we the same person or something?" and I said "oh really? how about we see each other sometime to see if that's true" - and she never said anything back, even though she wasn't really that attractive. apparently the pedestal was just that much higher for this bint that I imagined :lol: what was she expecting? aimless small talk? yeah, because that's what tinder's for, isn't it.

also, there's the problem that girls always have group photos where you're internally screaming "which one is you?".
    or: they have photos of themselves from very flattering angles in the first ones and then their last photo will show that they're actually a lot "bigger" than they formerly appeared. I mean, what's the point? if we're every going to meet, I'll plainly notice. why waste people's time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've noticed a huge trend lately, and it's not just me but some of my friends have experienced the following.

• Girls messaging you, then disappearing of the face of the earth.
    • Girls talking extensively then blocking you for no apparent reason.
    • Girls swiping you, but then ignoring you completely then un-swiping.

Not a dig at women in general, but seriously take a leaf out of my book. I've tried clubs, work, bars, social events, meeting people on the street (This is weird by the way) and online crap. 99/100 of the people I meet are complete and utter weirdos, and do random things.

The other one is, I've dated girls who call me the nice guy. Then go date the normal good looking, short on the sides, long on top, muscles and complain "No nice guys"....

every year more and more of the population have access to the internet, more and more people using Tinder ..pof etc, more and more thirsty guys using them too,men sign up in higher numbers than women typically, so more and more gender imbalance. so more and more options for girls ....this means they get pickier, hence you get blanked/ignored more.

I think in 2011 I signed upto pof, I made a profile ..and got 3 girls messaging me first in the first week. I was not on the site continuously, ...but fast forward around 4 years and in that time the amount of people using the site literally doubled [they have the total amount of users online displayed on that tab near the top], I also noticed I'd never get messaged there anymore.

competition had increased and with it women's standards....

the amount of people using these sorts of sites goes up and up each year. It's not going to get any easier if you are a male seeking a female....

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, some women on them are scatty, but then some guys are *****.

Perfectly possible to meet nice people on those sites/apps, but taking them (the sites) seriously is where you go wrong.

ReputationRep:
    I always aimed to get their number as early as possible, then you're more "in their life" as opposed to just being another bloke on an app. Helps get a more personal bond going.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    I always aimed to get their number as early as possible, then you're more "in their life" as opposed to just being another bloke on an app. Helps get a more personal bond going.

each time i'd try and swap platforms and get their facebook details or msn details or something like that and then try talk to them on there they would usually not reply to me ....

only once it worked.

I guess this tactic only works consistently if you have bulging biceps huh

ReputationRep:
    the first guy I spoke with on Tinder ended up being my current boyfriend who I have been with for two years haha, sounds like I got lucky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANM775)
    each time i'd try and swap platforms and get their facebook details or msn details or something like that and then try talk to them on there they would usually not reply to me ....

only once it worked.

I guess this tactic only works consistently if you have bulging biceps huh
    On the contrary, I'd not been lifting very long when I was an active Tinder and POF user so there were no bulging biceps in sight :rofl: Just be funny and be chill. Approach is everything.

ReputationRep:
    Don't use dating websites or apps

On the contrary, I'd not been lifting very long when I was an active Tinder and POF user so there were no bulging biceps in sight :rofl: Just be funny and be chill. Approach is everything.
    How big are your bi's anyways?

What cycle you on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    How big are your bi's anyways?

What cycle you on?
    17". No cycles yet! But there will be.

(Original post by jessica1801)
    the first guy I spoke with on Tinder ended up being my current boyfriend who I have been with for two years haha, sounds like I got lucky
    Well Jessica you need to leave this thread

17". No cycles yet! But there will be.
    my g

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 21, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.