Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm in year 11 doing triple science and to be honest it's not *that* bad. At my school triple is the norm and only about 20 people in my year do double which is so that they could take another subject with it. I only took triple because most people were and I didn't know what else to take so I thought I may as well keep my options open. There is a fair amount more content to learn though. Also apparently the new GCSE is harder and you need to know some things in more detail than before. Oh and no controlled assessments now, which means more time spent learning the course. Just my thoughts anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say it is hard, expect for chemistry(personally), just a lot to learn, if you keep revising now and go further than your class, you should be able to smash your exams.

ReputationRep:
    ffs - I typed in triple science, clicked on this question, read through it and thought to myself: "Wow! This person is exactly the same as me, and is considering the same subjects. I'll write a comment." - This person is me.

ReputationRep:
    im not sure about the new exams. but personally i found core, B2, P2, P3 really easy (yet to do B3 and finish C3), annothing thing to keep in mind is that with the new exams you have A LOT (and i mean A LOT) of formula's to remember.

ReputationRep:
    In year 11 now doing triple sciences and it's honestly not difficult atall (straight A* in mocks)
    Just do practice papers, read the textbook and write notes if they help!
    I'd highly recommend triple sciences as it's manageable and respected - especially if you'd be interested in persuing science(s) at A-level or Uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pearlgrey)
    I'm in year 11 doing triple science and to be honest it's not *that* bad. At my school triple is the norm and only about 20 people in my year do double which is so that they could take another subject with it. I only took triple because most people were and I didn't know what else to take so I thought I may as well keep my options open. There is a fair amount more content to learn though. Also apparently the new GCSE is harder and you need to know some things in more detail than before. Oh and no controlled assessments now, which means more time spent learning the course. Just my thoughts anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tbh I wish they introduced no controlled assessments esrlier, because I get very lazy wifh any course realated work even though I'm amazing in the exams.

ReputationRep:
    I am in year 9.My teachers offered me to do triple science.I recently done 3 chemistry tests and i got level 6 in two of them and level 9 in one of them.However,in my biology so far I only done 2 topics and for one test I got level 5 and for other I got level 8.For my mock exams i got a level 7.My teachers says that I work really hard and that they are sure I will work hard in classes.I am not sure what to do.I have to make a decision till Friday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Popsiclez)
    Tbh I wish they introduced no controlled assessments esrlier, because I get very lazy wifh any course realated work even though I'm amazing in the exams.
    I am 100% the same as you 😂

ReputationRep:
    It's not that hard tbh. A lot of the topics kinda cross over with the topics you cover in core and additional, just with a few extra details and some new concepts. Once you get your head around it, it's definitely not hard and it is genuinely more interesting than just core and additional

ReputationRep:
    We do some of our GCSEs some years early and for me this was:

Core Science - Year 9 (B)
    Additional Science - Year 10 (A)
    Triple Science - Year 11 (Still in progress)

My teachers tell me that we are lucky as most other schools have to do additional and triple science in the same year so I guess she is right. Triple science is doable if you work hard for it - so I suggest you go for it!

My mocks aren't the best right now (1st Mocks: D, 2nd Mocks: B) but I hope to repeat last year or even better.

ReputationRep:
    I want to be a vet so I need to take triple sconce but I’m very bad at it, I think if I take Ito will ruin my whole life, but being a vet is my dream! I’m so stuck, what do I do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maddy74)
    I want to be a vet so I need to take triple sconce but I’m very bad at it, I think if I take Ito will ruin my whole life, but being a vet is my dream! I’m so stuck, what do I do?
    If you want to be a vet you'll probably have to take 2 sciences at A-Level (Chemistry and Biology I would presume).

You should really do triple science and just put in the hard work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by streetdude28)
    I'm in year 9 and so we'll be picking our options soon, I was thinking about do Geography, french, history and business studies. I've heard that our school used to do Triple Science, and if you plead you can take it, but they also say it's extremely difficult especially piled on top of additional science. Is this true?

We've been ranked, and so I know that I'm 2nd best in my year and hilariously (not) second best at science (we've already started our core science) with me getting either 8's or 7's (mostly 8's) in the test. Would it be smart or stupid if i took triple science?
    I do triple science (in fact i just did all 3 science mocks this week) and if u are getting 8s and 7s then u clearly are good at them! I think they are not that hard, it is just more content but f u revise them well and do practice questions the GCSEs themselves are not hard, dont stress it

ReputationRep:
    Being completely honest with you if your getting 7 and 8s in in science tests you won’t find it difficult if you find it easy to learn new things go for it.I did the silly mistake of not choosing Triple Science I wish I did though and the stuff they cover in triple science is the same as additional science with extra stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caitlin_hhhhh)
    My school has it as compulsory
    same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by streetdude28)
    I'm in year 9 and so we'll be picking our options soon, I was thinking about do Geography, french, history and business studies. I've heard that our school used to do Triple Science, and if you plead you can take it, but they also say it's extremely difficult especially piled on top of additional science. Is this true?

We've been ranked, and so I know that I'm 2nd best in my year and hilariously (not) second best at science (we've already started our core science) with me getting either 8's or 7's (mostly 8's) in the test. Would it be smart or stupid if i took triple science?
    Triple science isn’t that hard, it’s just a few extra modules (which are a little more tricky) on top of additional science. If you are getting 8s or even 7s you will be fine.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Maddy74)
    Vet schools don't actually demand triple science. All of the vet schools (RVC, Edinburgh, Liverpool, Nottingham, Bristol, Glasgow, Cambridge, Surrey) have their up to date requirements on their websites so you can do your own research, but for simplicity GCSE requirements can be found here. Be warned that that link is out of date and obviously uses the old letter system rather than numbers, but requirements don't change hugely year on year.

So it's not compulsory HOWEVER I would question why taking triple science would be such a problem for you. Veterinary medicine is a science-based degree that builds hugely on principles you learn at GCSE and A-Level. If you don't enjoy science then it may not be the degree for you. If you're worried about the difficulty, then I would advise just giving it your best shot, because it's not going to get easier after GCSE Things worth doing are not always easy Are there teachers/careers advisers that you can discuss this with?

ReputationRep:
    Go for it, certainly doable.

ReputationRep:
    I'm have trouble with these question if someone can help me will be much appropriated

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sea...user&u=3766092

Thank you

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.