Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why is my friend like this what do you think? Watch

I've known this friend for about a year and a half now and im starting to see the real side of her ... she can be very selfish she can also be manupulative and patronising for example when we got our grades from exams she'd ask about what i got the only reason why she wanted to know is becasue she wanted to see if she got higher grades than me everything is like a competition to her when she got higher grades tha me i was genuently happy for her honestly she even lies to me about her not revising when she actually does which i think is pathetic cos why lie about something like that, also if i tell her about the boys that speak to me she gives me the cold shoulder and just replies hmmm ...

when someone compliments me she heisitates to agree or changes the subject. Ive realised she is also very two faced we walk past certain people and she always says stuff like "i hate this girl/guy" but when im not with her i see her talking to the same people she claimed she hated which confuses me, ive eveb got people disliking me because of her loud mouth ..

She says stuff so loud that people assume that i say the stuff for example we walked past this girl she said ew look at what shes wearing i looked and she looked away making it look like i said that. this has happened many time its so frustrating because im not judgmental at all wouldnt even say something like that and the thing is she walks around like shes got a reputation to maintain where as i must admit weve all done stuff that we regret but i think i give the raw me in every situation, where as she puts an act on in nearly every situation, she makes it out like shes the perfect human being and hates being in the wrong even when she clearly is ... i even intriduce her to new things like music and shops and she takes credit for everything and she recommends it to others not giving me any credit acting like she found all that out herself.

one more thing she speaks to me as if im stupid for example she assumes i dont know certain things like she'd talk about the most basic stuff and re phrase it, which annoys the hell out of me recently tho ive been talking back and standing up putting her in her place.

*sorry about this being so long this was kidve a rant* what are your opinions of her?

sorry about the typos wrote this real fast

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 21, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.