This discussion is closed.
Alisong
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
Hi

Is anybody studying T209 this year? How are you finding it so far?

I'm considering taking it next year, but as it a new course wondered how it is going.

There is no OUSA conference for it in FirstClass I'm posting this question here.

Thanks in advance

Alison
Prashant Meswan
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Why not contact the ousa controller and ask if one can be set up? (Also you could volunteer to be a
mod for the conference) "AlisonG" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
[q1]> Hi[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Is anybody studying T209 this year? How are you finding it so far?[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> I'm considering taking it next year, but as it a new course wondered how it is going.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> There is no OUSA conference for it in FirstClass I'm posting this question here.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Thanks in advance[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Alison[/q1]
Colette A. O'Br
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
In message of Thu, 11 Apr 2002, Prashant Meswani writes
[q1]>Why not contact the ousa controller and ask if one can be set up? (Also you could volunteer to be a[/q1]
[q1]>mod for the conference)[/q1]

There are course conferences, but they are open only to those taking the course. There are no
generally-available OUSA conferences as there are with many other courses, and I think is what
Alison means. She can't dip in this year and canvas opinions.

Alison, you could try asking in some sort-of-relevant OUSA conferences, such as the Technology Cafe
or Maths Chat, there might be people in there who could help.

Another ploy would be to read people's resumes and see if you come across someone doing T209 and
email/chat to them.
--
Rgds COB
Prashant Meswan
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Fair enuf. ;-) "Colette A. O'Brien" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news[email protected] o.uk...
[q1]> In message of Thu, 11 Apr 2002, Prashant Meswani writes[/q1]
[q2]> >Why not contact the ousa controller and ask if one can be set up? (Also[/q2]
you
[q2]> >could volunteer to be a mod for the conference)[/q2]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> There are course conferences, but they are open only to those taking the course. There are no[/q1]
[q1]> generally-available OUSA conferences as there are with many other courses, and I think is what[/q1]
[q1]> Alison means. She can't dip in this year and canvas opinions.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Alison, you could try asking in some sort-of-relevant OUSA conferences, such as the Technology[/q1]
[q1]> Cafe or Maths Chat, there might be people in there who could help.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Another ploy would be to read people's resumes and see if you come across someone doing T209 and[/q1]
[q1]> email/chat to them.[/q1]
[q1]> --[/q1]
[q1]> Rgds COB[/q1]
Judy Dye
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
[q2]> > Alison, you could try asking in some sort-of-relevant OUSA conferences, such as the Technology[/q2]
[q2]> > Cafe or Maths Chat, there might be people in there who could help.[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
Hi Alison

I am doing the course this year and am finding it excellent. I did M301 in its first year of
presentation and vowed never to do another course in its first year but T209 sounded realy
interesting.........

There have been very few problems - nothing like M301 with all its errata. The topics are bang up to
date and the software such as the voice recognition package is well presented and good.

It remains to be seen what the rest of the course is like..... Also the fact that there is no exam -
there is an ECA instead - certainly suits me.

HTH

Judy
David McKenna
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Alison,

It is pretty good --- nice and varied so if you don't like one module the next will be different
enough to keep you interested.

I am new to the OU and this is my first course so that is all I can comment on.

David.

"AlisonG" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
[q1]> Hi[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Is anybody studying T209 this year? How are you finding it so far?[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> I'm considering taking it next year, but as it a new course wondered how it is going.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> There is no OUSA conference for it in FirstClass I'm posting this question here.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Thanks in advance[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Alison[/q1]
Karen Macklen
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I'm studying T209 and find it easier than HNC or HND! I'm currently finishing module 4 so I still have plenty yet to do. This is my first OU course so I have nothing to compare it to except conventional evening courses.

As the subjects are different, there is usually one which is interesting even if the others are not!
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hehe
Bringing up another old thread. Only problem is I don't have a clue what yo're talking about.
Benny Cool
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Damn gravediggers. (I have no idea what they are on about either)
Petrozzi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I second this repulsion, why is it every so often threads appear with a newsgroup type body and people with strange names talking about taboo subjects?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (267)
34.27%
No (512)
65.73%

Watched Threads