Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Uni mistake - desperate help Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, so I have an issue
    I applied for Un in November and I rushed into it so I chose courses im no longer interested in. is it going to be possible for me to change courses ( I know its after the deadline) but what about clearing or adjusting? or are there other options?
    can someone explain the process in clearing and their experiences?
    I really need advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Towerbliss13)
    hey guys, so I have an issue
    I applied for Un in November and I rushed into it so I chose courses im no longer interested in. is it going to be possible for me to change courses ( I know its after the deadline) but what about clearing or adjusting? or are there other options?
    can someone explain the process in clearing and their experiences?
    I really need advice
    What course did you apply for, and what course do you want to change too?

ReputationRep:
    You need to call UCAS. They're going to give you a clear explanation on what you can/need to do

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry too much about it - most uni's have a policy whereby you can switch your degree within your first year (or in Scotland the first 2 years) of your studies to a completely new discipline providing you have got the grades.

I know many people at my University who have switched their degree because they were not happy with their initial subject choice.

So if I were you, I would do one of 2 things:

- Accept the course even though you don't think you'll be interested in the subject area and switch your degree when you get there (make sure they do the other course you like, and check to see if the uni allows you to switch between other degree programmes)

- Or decline your offers you get over the coming months and apply via clearing, or apply again at the end of this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dafock)
    What course did you apply for, and what course do you want to change too?
    I have applied for animation courses but im looking to do maybe fine art.
    my main concern is the universities I have chosen and not necessarily my course.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.