Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I... can't believe university is this expensive... Watch

ReputationRep:
    Who do you think should pay for it instead then, sunshine? Your generation have it easy, now cough up or don't come here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niteninja1)
    Surely you looked at the fees before choosing to come here.
    (Original post by beruangmacan)
    no unfortunately I didn't.
    Yeah, I mean, why would you look up how much things cost, why would you be aware of finances like that? It's not as if that kind of information might be important to know...

What is it you study again?...

university of manchester, management (accounting finance)
    ...Oh.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 2nd year int.student and I just found out that my father paid 21k pounds (19k last year) for university.... I suddenly feel guilty, if I knew this beforehand I wouldn't go all the way here to the UK...

why is university so expensive? especially for terrible education and student treatment where lecturers don't do jack other than parroting the powerpoint slides...

is a single ceritficate paper really this expensive?

and I haven't mention very, very overpriced books yet... (which I never buy)

ahh, why did I go here instead of letting my parents upgrade our house like they always wanted.... regrets...
    At least your parents are paying for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    At least your parents are paying for it
    yeah that's why i feel really bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Len Goodman)
    Who do you think should pay for it instead then, sunshine? Your generation have it easy, now cough up or don't come here.
    i hope you are right old man
    • Very Important Poster

yeah that's why i feel really bad
    You can always drop out or seek a transfer to a cheaper uni. Your parents look at it as an investment which will get you a well paying job and in turn pay for itself many times over. Nobody forced you to come to the UK so you arent really being scammed.

ReputationRep:
    i can't imagine how you guys pay your loan with low-paying degree like history, language and art-related
    How do you know history and languages are low paying? Maybe you should do more research as their is so many jobs history and languages can enter with starting salaries of 44k. You didn't even bother to research how much international fees cost but you have the audacity to make a stupid, ignorant assumption about other degrees.

ReputationRep:
    Was it your idea to study in UK? How did you choose to study here without looking at the price?

Or was it your dad's idea? lol

(Original post by Len Goodman)
    If this generation is the only generation that had to pay for education thats harder not easier. lol.

ReputationRep:
    Just dont get a 2:2 and all is well.

ReputationRep:
    Stop complaining.
    You're far luckier than most students to have your parents paying for your tuition.
    If you don't like it move.

I'm sick of hearing people complain about fees when they don't pay it or don't have to get a student loan to be at uni.
    Many people like myself who are pretty poor would love to not have to pay ourselves or take student finance.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.