21.74%
    Conservative and unionist
    26.09%
    Labour and cooperative
    39.13%

ReputationRep:
    Pick a party

ReputationRep:
    Labour. I dislike Corbyn and believe his views on NATO and other defense issues to be disqualifying but since he has literally zero chance of victory I would vote for the party to try and mitigate their defeat to blunt the almost inevitable conservative majority.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Nobody. The polling station would be shutting soon and I CBA to walk to it right now. If it was tomorrow I'd probably vote.

ReputationRep:
    farage
    for
    pm

ReputationRep:
    Conservative: the only party that values wealth creation and jobs, law and order, a sensible immigration policy (moderate vetting, no open border but no closed border either.) and the only party that would be tough on crime.

ReputationRep:
    Also, OP forgot SNP/Plaid/the northern Irish parties.

I'd probably just add an "other" option for those (and also the memers that wanna vote OMRLP.)

ReputationRep:
    the tories, get a bigger majority

ReputationRep:
    I live in Scotland - I would tactically vote tory against the SNP. The Scottish conservatives enjoyed an astounding 2nd place to beat labour in the Scottish parliament elections last year. They are the only party that can provide opposition to the SNP by standing up to their efforts for another referendum for instance.

If I lived in the rest of the uk (or 'rUK' as the nats call it), in particular England, I would vote UKIP.

Good luck to Paul Nuttall for the stoke by-election. I think UKIP are going to win it, labour are terrible.

ReputationRep:
    Tory or preferably any independent who ran they would no chance of winning the seat in my constituency and everyone else is a lot worse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connor27)
    Also, OP forgot SNP/Plaid/the northern Irish parties.

I'd probably just add an "other" option for those (and also the memers that wanna vote OMRLP.)
    I was only including national parties as the smaller parties can't actually win on a national scale I know the snp are the third largest but basically without labour they can never form a majority

ReputationRep:
    Jeremy Corbyn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niteninja1)
    I was only including national parties as the smaller parties can't actually win on a national scale I know the snp are the third largest but basically without labour they can never form a majority
    I am glad that they are going to change the constituency boundaries in Scotland to reduce the number of SNP dim wits that do absolutely nothing in the HOP. (from 59 seats to 53). It is not acceptable that they managed to take advantage of the FPTP system to gain so many seats.

Hopefully the Conservatives will make a good few gains in 2020 in Scotland, I will be voting for them. The constituency that I live in for the Scottish Parliament election the SNP always won with a comfortable 10,000+ majority, in 2016 the SNP only had a 2,500 majority due to the damage of the conservatives.

I can really feel a tory resurrection in Scotland, it's coming... Just you wait you little bigoted nats.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .A_C.)
    I am glad that they are going to change the constituency boundaries in Scotland to reduce the number of SNP dim wits that do absolutely nothing in the HOP. (from 59 seats to 53). It is not acceptable that they managed to take advantage of the FPTP system to gain so many seats.

Hopefully the Conservatives will make a good few gains in 2020 in Scotland, I will be voting for them. The constituency that I live in for the Scottish Parliament election the SNP always won with a comfortable 10,000+ majority, in 2016 the SNP only had a 2,500 majority due to the damage of the conservatives.

I can really feel a tory resurrection in Scotland, it's coming... Just you wait you little bigoted nats.
    Good on you for seeing the SNP for what they are: voting robots led by a pound shop, female version of Gerry Adams.

I do hope the scots eventually realise that the grass isn't always greener and how much they gain from the union, also that most of the stuff the SNP promises is unrealistic and just a vote grab to get support for independence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .A_C.)

Maggie thatcher won Scotland so it would be good to win it back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .A_C.)

The SNP were elected under the exact same basis as every other party. FPTP produces unproportional outcomes boohoo I'm sure UKIP voters were annoyed that all their votes only amounted to one MP and the Anti-Tory voters frustrated that the conservatives could secure a majority with 37%. There was no skullduggery the SNP simply secured over double the votes of any one party.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.