The Student Room Group

Why do so many rich people want to block BREXIT?

Scroll to see replies

Because of Tax
Reply 21
Original post by fleky6910
Norway has a lot higher oil and is not a sustainable model. Both Norway and Sweden tax less progressively than the UK( share of income earned compared to share of taxes paid). Sweden and Norway both successfully used austerity in the 90's. France has 10% unemployment and is in stagnation.
http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2012/10/the_swedish_model_government_austerity.html

Posted from TSR Mobile

Doesn't Sweden and Norway have higher tax rates. France has been screwed since 2008.
Original post by RedManc
Doesn't Sweden and Norway have higher tax rates. France has been screwed since 2008.

No but they tax less progressively. The ratio of % of income earned to % of taxes payed in Norway was 0.95 and 1.00 in Sweden. The rates may be higher but they take more progressively. In the UK the rate is 1.20
Not to mention France's high taxes on the wealthy failed.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/dec/31/france-drops-75percent-supertax
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by RedManc
The tax rate is lower than France, Sweden and Norway. How comes Norway is far richer than the UK.

Oil.
Reply 24
No but they tax less progressively. The ratio of % of income earned to % of taxes payed in Norway was 0.95 and 1.00 in Sweden. The rates may be higher but they take more progressively. In the UK the rate is 1.20
Not to mention France;s high taxes on the wealthy failed.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/dec/31/france-drops-75percent-supertax

That is because the UK has high VAT
Original post by RedManc
That is because the UK has high VAT

VAT has nothing to do with this , this is on income purely. Doesn't change any of the facts. The facts prove you wrong.
Original post by Josb
Oil.

That to @RedManc Norway has alot of oil compared to Britain .
Reply 27
VAT has nothing to do with this , this is on income purely. Doesn't change any of the facts. The facts prove you wrong.

The facts are made by rich people to keep them rich
Original post by karl pilkington
incorrect it makes trade more expensive with countries outside the eu also businesses like JCB and Dyson both support it

Well yeah because countries outside the EU are generally further away than ones within it so it costs more to transport. Makes sense.
The businesspeople who support remain certainly outweigh the ones who support leave.
Dyson do all production in Asia so it doesn't really affect them so much anyway, probably would affect their competitors more.
Original post by RedManc
The facts are made by rich people to keep them rich

Haha , your argument is weak , i have used OCED figures, you are deluded. I have no idea how you can say they are biased, its completely moronic and idiotic.
You refuse to accept the facts and I can't argue with an individual who refuses to use rational reasoning
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 30
Haha , your argument is weak , i have used OCED figures, you are deluded. I have no idea how you can say they are biased, its completely moronic and idiotic.
You refuse to accept the facts and I can't argue with an individual who refuses to use rational reasoning

I don't have the facts in front of me and I'm not bothered to check if they're right.
Why? Because where are we supposed to get our domestic staff from now?
Original post by RedManc
I'm not bothered.

Sums your approach to the debate!
Reply 34
Sums your approach to the debate!

My approach is lazy
Original post by RedManc
My approach is lazy

Well I gave you the links ,
Original post by CyclePath
The irony that most of the 1% would want us to stay in the UK, yet those Europhiles who marched in days after the Referendum are all Communists who are anti-1%.

**** me.

:rofl:
Reply 37
Well I gave you the links ,

I'm too lazy to click the links
Original post by RedManc
I'm too lazy to click the links

@Connor27 and @Gladstone1885 look at this lefty , he's so funny

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 39