Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do so many rich people want to block BREXIT? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Because of Tax

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fleky6910)
    Norway has a lot higher oil and is not a sustainable model. Both Norway and Sweden tax less progressively than the UK( share of income earned compared to share of taxes paid). Sweden and Norway both successfully used austerity in the 90's. France has 10% unemployment and is in stagnation.
    http://www.americanthinker.com/artic...austerity.html

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Doesn't Sweden and Norway have higher tax rates. France has been screwed since 2008.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedManc)
    Doesn't Sweden and Norway have higher tax rates. France has been screwed since 2008.
    No but they tax less progressively. The ratio of % of income earned to % of taxes payed in Norway was 0.95 and 1.00 in Sweden. The rates may be higher but they take more progressively. In the UK the rate is 1.20
    Not to mention France's high taxes on the wealthy failed.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...rcent-supertax

ReputationRep:
    The tax rate is lower than France, Sweden and Norway. How comes Norway is far richer than the UK.
    Oil.

ReputationRep:
    No but they tax less progressively. The ratio of % of income earned to % of taxes payed in Norway was 0.95 and 1.00 in Sweden. The rates may be higher but they take more progressively. In the UK the rate is 1.20
    Not to mention France;s high taxes on the wealthy failed.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...rcent-supertax
    That is because the UK has high VAT

ReputationRep:
    That is because the UK has high VAT
    VAT has nothing to do with this , this is on income purely. Doesn't change any of the facts. The facts prove you wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    Oil.
    That to RedManc Norway has alot of oil compared to Britain .

ReputationRep:
    VAT has nothing to do with this , this is on income purely. Doesn't change any of the facts. The facts prove you wrong.
    The facts are made by rich people to keep them rich

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karl pilkington)
    incorrect it makes trade more expensive with countries outside the eu also businesses like JCB and Dyson both support it
    Well yeah because countries outside the EU are generally further away than ones within it so it costs more to transport. Makes sense.
    The businesspeople who support remain certainly outweigh the ones who support leave.
    Dyson do all production in Asia so it doesn't really affect them so much anyway, probably would affect their competitors more.

ReputationRep:
    The facts are made by rich people to keep them rich
    Haha , your argument is weak , i have used OCED figures, you are deluded. I have no idea how you can say they are biased, its completely moronic and idiotic.
    You refuse to accept the facts and I can't argue with an individual who refuses to use rational reasoning

ReputationRep:
    Haha , your argument is weak , i have used OCED figures, you are deluded. I have no idea how you can say they are biased, its completely moronic and idiotic.
    You refuse to accept the facts and I can't argue with an individual who refuses to use rational reasoning
    I don't have the facts in front of me and I'm not bothered to check if they're right.

ReputationRep:
    Why? Because where are we supposed to get our domestic staff from now?

ReputationRep:
    I don't have the facts in front of me and I'm not bothered to check if they're right.
    http://taxfoundation.org/blog/no-cou...-much-us#_ftn1
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...n_oil_reserves
    http://www.americanthinker.com/artic...austerity.html
    There you go ,

ReputationRep:
    I'm not bothered.
    Sums your approach to the debate!

ReputationRep:
    Sums your approach to the debate!
    My approach is lazy

ReputationRep:
    My approach is lazy
    Well I gave you the links ,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CyclePath)
    The irony that most of the 1% would want us to stay in the UK, yet those Europhiles who marched in days after the Referendum are all Communists who are anti-1%.

**** me.
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Well I gave you the links ,
    I'm too lazy to click the links

ReputationRep:
    I'm too lazy to click the links
    Connor27 and Gladstone1885 look at this lefty , he's so funny

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    @connor27 look at this lefty , he's so funny

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know right

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.