Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I really want to get a good grade in my science coursework especially in my chemistry at least an A or A*. If anyone has any tips or knows how to ensure a really good grade on chemistry coursework any help would be much much appreciated!

My chemistry course work is on the Iodine clock experiment so basically reaction rates but im decreasing the concentration in my experiment.

If you cant help for chemistry, any tips on how to get an A/A* for coursework for science in general would be really helpful!! 

ReputationRep:
    Just look at the specimen paper of the ISA and the questions tend to stay similar throughout years. Just think about what you're going to write before you go into the ISA.

ReputationRep:
    Make sure you fully answer the question set; not the one you wanted to be set. Clear, concise and accurate answers which address all the key points.

ReputationRep:
    I finished my chemistry coursework but now we are in the process of editing. i got A but after i made few changes it will be A* so i think i can help since ours is similar to your coursework.
    Make sure you include a hypothesis that is backed up of well detailed scientific concept. So yours is concentration- you would say (im being brief but it would be along this concept) As the concentration of the solution is reduced, the longer the rate of reaction This is because there are less successful frequent collisions as there as are less particles available to successfully collide as they are less crowded. This means the rate of reaction reduces correlating to the reduced concentration in the same volume.
    Include bibliography for research and even date them as websites can change. Don't forget to source them.
    Explain why you used each equipment
    compare what you kept same and changed from your trial experiment
    State dependent and independent variables aswell as limiting factors you cannot change
    When describing trends in results, talk about every statistic on your table of results and explain why this trend happend and relate back to your hypothesis.
    give possible reasons for anomalies
    have a risk assessment list
    and a very detailed method that someone who has no clue of the experiment can easily pick up the method and merrily proceed
    for questions always link back to hypothesis
    if you have any specific questions feel free to ask me
    hope this helped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misaki24)
    I finished my chemistry coursework but now we are in the process of editing. i got A but after i made few changes it will be A* so i think i can help since ours is similar to your coursework.
    Make sure you include a hypothesis that is backed up of well detailed scientific concept. So yours is concentration- you would say (im being brief but it would be along this concept) As the concentration of the solution is reduced, the longer the rate of reaction This is because there are less successful frequent collisions as there as are less particles available to successfully collide as they are less crowded. This means the rate of reaction reduces correlating to the reduced concentration in the same volume.
    Include bibliography for research and even date them as websites can change. Don't forget to source them.
    State dependent and independent variables aswell as limiting factors you cannot change
    When describing trends in results, talk about every statistic on your table of results and explain why this trend happend and relate back to your hypothesis.
    and a very detailed method that someone who has no clue of the experiment can easily pick up the method and merrily proceed
    hope this helped
    Thanks, that helped! i just want to ask, what section will have the most marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Priyanboss517)
    Thanks, that helped! i just want to ask, what section will have the most marks?
    All sections have the same marks. My exam board is OCR and it is out of 48 marks. Yours may be different depending on your exam board. But each skill quality is worth 6 marks.
    What exam board are you doing, and are you in yr 11 doing triple science?
    Also i would like to note, the easiest to get full marks are in the skill qualities;Research, planning and your graph which is 18 marks. I got 38 our of 48 which was A not a brag but i am putting it into perspective so you know how many marks you should get.
    I am glad i helped

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm in year 11 and my exam board is WJEC and I am doing triple science
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misaki24)
    hope this helped
    What do you mean by editing? You are allowed to edit your work?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moltenmo)
    What do you mean by editing? You are allowed to edit your work?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No you are not allowed to edit your work, but i managed to finish my coursework early so my coursework was marked earlier and got my marks,which put me in advantage as while the rest of the triple science are working on their coursework, i am now just in the process of correcting for any grammatical or statistical error that i may have made during the time of completing my coursework.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm in year 11 and my exam board is WJEC and I am doing triple science
    How are you doing with the 9-1 maths and English?

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not in that 1-9 system, luckily I just missed it

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not in that 1-9 system, luckily I just missed it
    so lucky, maths is the only one im flopping aswell

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.