Science coursework - I want an A/A* HELP!!!!! Watch

Priyanboss517
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I really want to get a good grade in my science coursework especially in my chemistry at least an A or A*. If anyone has any tips or knows how to ensure a really good grade on chemistry coursework any help would be much much appreciated!

My chemistry course work is on the Iodine clock experiment so basically reaction rates but im decreasing the concentration in my experiment.

If you cant help for chemistry, any tips on how to get an A/A* for coursework for science in general would be really helpful!! 
BobBobson
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Just look at the specimen paper of the ISA and the questions tend to stay similar throughout years. Just think about what you're going to write before you go into the ISA.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Make sure you fully answer the question set; not the one you wanted to be set. Clear, concise and accurate answers which address all the key points.
Misaki24
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I finished my chemistry coursework but now we are in the process of editing. i got A but after i made few changes it will be A* so i think i can help since ours is similar to your coursework.
Make sure you include a hypothesis that is backed up of well detailed scientific concept. So yours is concentration- you would say (im being brief but it would be along this concept) As the concentration of the solution is reduced, the longer the rate of reaction This is because there are less successful frequent collisions as there as are less particles available to successfully collide as they are less crowded. This means the rate of reaction reduces correlating to the reduced concentration in the same volume.
Include bibliography for research and even date them as websites can change. Don't forget to source them.
Explain why you used each equipment
compare what you kept same and changed from your trial experiment
State dependent and independent variables aswell as limiting factors you cannot change
When describing trends in results, talk about every statistic on your table of results and explain why this trend happend and relate back to your hypothesis.
give possible reasons for anomalies
have a risk assessment list
and a very detailed method that someone who has no clue of the experiment can easily pick up the method and merrily proceed
for questions always link back to hypothesis
if you have any specific questions feel free to ask me
hope this helped
Priyanboss517
Rep:
?
(Original post by Misaki24)
I finished my chemistry coursework but now we are in the process of editing. i got A but after i made few changes it will be A* so i think i can help since ours is similar to your coursework.
Make sure you include a hypothesis that is backed up of well detailed scientific concept. So yours is concentration- you would say (im being brief but it would be along this concept) As the concentration of the solution is reduced, the longer the rate of reaction This is because there are less successful frequent collisions as there as are less particles available to successfully collide as they are less crowded. This means the rate of reaction reduces correlating to the reduced concentration in the same volume.
Include bibliography for research and even date them as websites can change. Don't forget to source them.
State dependent and independent variables aswell as limiting factors you cannot change
When describing trends in results, talk about every statistic on your table of results and explain why this trend happend and relate back to your hypothesis.
and a very detailed method that someone who has no clue of the experiment can easily pick up the method and merrily proceed
hope this helped
Thanks, that helped! i just want to ask, what section will have the most marks?
Misaki24
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Priyanboss517)
Thanks, that helped! i just want to ask, what section will have the most marks?
All sections have the same marks. My exam board is OCR and it is out of 48 marks. Yours may be different depending on your exam board. But each skill quality is worth 6 marks.
What exam board are you doing, and are you in yr 11 doing triple science?
Also i would like to note, the easiest to get full marks are in the skill qualities;Research, planning and your graph which is 18 marks. I got 38 our of 48 which was A not a brag but i am putting it into perspective so you know how many marks you should get.
I am glad i helped
Priyanboss517
Rep:
?
Yeah I'm in year 11 and my exam board is WJEC and I am doing triple science
Moltenmo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Misaki24)
hope this helped
What do you mean by editing? You are allowed to edit your work?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Misaki24
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Moltenmo)
What do you mean by editing? You are allowed to edit your work?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No you are not allowed to edit your work, but i managed to finish my coursework early so my coursework was marked earlier and got my marks,which put me in advantage as while the rest of the triple science are working on their coursework, i am now just in the process of correcting for any grammatical or statistical error that i may have made during the time of completing my coursework.
Misaki24
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah I'm in year 11 and my exam board is WJEC and I am doing triple science
How are you doing with the 9-1 maths and English?
Priyanboss517
Rep:
?
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not in that 1-9 system, luckily I just missed it
Misaki24
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not in that 1-9 system, luckily I just missed it
so lucky, maths is the only one im flopping aswell
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Has your university offer been reduced?